Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it yesterday. Its a silver R/T. Having come from driving a 95 Impala SS, I am REALLLY impressed with the charger. One thing that I am curious about. I called my dealership where I bought the car and asked him to order the R/T badge for the grill, and he told me that the only way to do that is to order the whole grille again. Is this true? And if it is true, how hard is it to change the grill?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
guys have put on the standard grill...do a search...and then some have changed out to the daytona grill and then added the r/t......if you just buy the parts....about 75 and do it yourself you will save a ton of money. posts galore on here about it and how to do it...we can help ya through it.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
sutliffhl21 said:
Just bought it yesterday. Its a silver R/T. Having come from driving a 95 Impala SS, I am REALLLY impressed with the charger. One thing that I am curious about. I called my dealership where I bought the car and asked him to order the R/T badge for the grill, and he told me that the only way to do that is to order the whole grille again. Is this true? And if it is true, how hard is it to change the grill?
The problem with the badge (the one I got fom LeeParts.com, anyway) is that the back is fitted to clip onto the honeycomb insert. This badge would NOT have properly clipped onto the standard R/T "Horizontal line" insert. So you dont need to buy a new grill, but you will need the honeycomb inserts. Contact LeeParts.com, they are very helpful. Ask if they make one for the stock grill. To my knowledge, they do not.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
when i ordered my r/t emblem from leeparts.com they had two r/t badges on there. one said it had a 3m sticker backing, the other one was a screw on. i need to go take a look again.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
My final suggestion would be to contact LeeParts (they are very helpful). Ask them which badge you would need for your STOCK "Horizontal line" grill inserts. If they still offer the sticky-backed one, you might need that one.

I never saw a screw-on one. Mine is simply a clip that fits into the honeycomb grill and snaps into place.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cool...i just checked my part order and it is the clip on one like you said dutchmaster (comes in today)....i could have sworn i saw a screw on....oh well going back to crazy land.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Godaddy,

Did you ever get the clip-on emblem to work on the stock (horizontal) grille? I was thinking about doing the same thing (actually just sent an email to leeparts asking about it before I came across this thread). Also going to get the rear-lid emblem (which I assume is the 3M tape version).

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i would try it for you but i tossed the horizontal grill after i installed the daytona grill.....already building up a parts mess in my shed (stock muffler and stock air intake) wish i had kept it for ya man.....sorry

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
mnunes said:
Godaddy,

Did you ever get the clip-on emblem to work on the stock (horizontal) grille? I was thinking about doing the same thing (actually just sent an email to leeparts asking about it before I came across this thread). Also going to get the rear-lid emblem (which I assume is the 3M tape version).
If you have the horizontal grill inserts, I beleive the R/T clip will require some modification.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That Looks Tough... I Think That's The Route I Will Be Taking...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts