1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
x2. I'm interested in this inexpensive brand as well. Any reviews?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wanted to order one as well, but I don't want to remove my engine cover :(.

I'm sure this mod wouldn't really net a huge difference, no matter what brand you went with. Except that Razor's Edge one.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
look like the old AEM (iirc) strut bar that was discontinued a while back. I wonder if this is some recently found overstock/leftovers

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
x2. I'm interested in this inexpensive brand as well. Any reviews?
didn't see any, but it looks just like the DC sport one. I will definitely post pics when I get it installed. I don't do much road course racing (twists and turns) so to me this is mainly just a show mod for engine bay dress up

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm sure it's just as effective as the dc sport one I used to have. Just remember you will have to remove the fire blanket and notch some of the plastic from the ram air ducting in order for your hood to close.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it's just as effective as the dc sport one I used to have. Just remember you will have to remove the fire blanket and notch some of the plastic from the ram air ducting in order for your hood to close.
bummer, didn't know that, well we will see how I like it now then...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I ended up just ripping the ducting out all together bc my cut job on the plastic looked awful. Just left the honey comb piece in the hood

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You end up not using it, I'll grab it from you. Just so it has a home, y'know?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up just ripping the ducting out all together bc my cut job on the plastic looked awful. Just left the honey comb piece in the hood
could you post pics of your set up? Yours probably isn't as noticeable bc your car is black. It looks bad ass btw!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You end up not using it, I'll grab it from you. Just so it has a home, y'know?
no problem bro! If I don't like it, it's yours

·
Registered
815 Posts
could you post pics of your set up? Yours probably isn't as noticeable bc your car is black. It looks bad ass btw!
I will try and grab some tonight. I have the razor's edge strut bar now though.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
This strut brace doesn't bolt into the firewall like some others do (Razors, Mopar, etc.). I wonder if that would compromise performance and rigidity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts