Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking of this just now as a great performance idea for the 3.5

A custom twin-turbo setup! It would, as how I see it, consist of 2 custom ceramic-coated tubular headers, and, sitting on top, would be 2 garett T3/T4
hybrid turbos, bigger injectors, a bigger fuel pump, a bigger fuel rail (maybe), and a custom computer reflash or an aftermarket computer that has features for boost control.

I may be missing some parts, but I would appreciate some feedback on if it is a good idea, or ways how it could be made efficient!

Please keep in mind that I am only 17 and I don't know that much about turbos, or how a turbo would do on a car like this.

Thanks guys!

John

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, i just thought of a few more things.......

Custom plumbing, a small intercooler, or the monster size, bigger injectors, bigger furel pump, and, to get that power to the ground, a Charger R/T rear end, with the SXT center section.

JOhn

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
It's a good idea, but until someone cracks the computer I don't think there is any way you could tune the thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like someone saw my twin charger topic for the 5.7.....

Chargerfan, it's a great idea and all, but requires more work and planning than you could ever imagine....

go to www.howstuffworks.com and read up a bit about how turbos and motors work, that may help you a little...

If the 5.7L TT project goes off well, then I'm sure I'll buy an SXT and SRT8 to do the same for those as well...

Good luck to ya, but don't rip apart the car without PROFESSIONAL help, sure would be a big waste of the money you spend on the car...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COOL! I want to know your plan, and how you plan to execute it on the 5.7.

I was planning to keep the boost to a minimum (5-7 PSI), and watching the motors behaviors WHEN i get my LX vehicle. If i recall, there was a customization garage that built a custom Twin-turbo prowler thaty has the same motor ( 3.5 HO), and, to my knowledge, is still running.

Nitehawk, can you please elaborate on your 5.7 TT plan?

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts