Charger Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
It only cost $300,000 dollars and I figured that I could outrun the owner if I screwed it up. :cowsmile:

Junkman, can I get your opinion on something. I was talking about detailing the car and stuff at work, and my one buddy told me his dad use to detail, and has, what he calls "The best wax out there". Here is a picture of it. What's your opinion on this stuff. It's called Collinite 845. I respect your opinion, because you do stuff real time, and to your personal car.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Collinite makes some very good products. I use their Super Doublecoat Carnuba paste on top of my sealant. As for 845 being the 'best wax out there', that's a biased and illogical statement because many variables come into to play and everyone's variables may be different. To say that it is a very good product is one thing but to say flat out that it is the best is faulty logic.

Thanks for you info. I got some meguiars 105 and 205, I'm going to use. Just need to get a PC first. I think I may try to do outside, and just do a panel at a time, until it gets to warm, then quit, until the next day or wait until dusk

Collinite makes some very good products. I use their Super Doublecoat Carnuba paste on top of my sealant. As for 845 being the 'best wax out there', that's a biased and illogical statement because many variables come into to play and everyone's variables may be different. To say that it is a very good product is one thing but to say flat out that it is the best is faulty logic.
what sealant are you using?

and heres another question, and again i may be running your videos into each other.

am i missing some steps here?

wash
clay bar
105/205 paint correction
polish? do you use a seperate polish with a black hex logic after you 105/205? if so what are you using for polish?

then you use the sealant hi temp 62

then you use collinite, and final wipedown with zaino.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
and heres another question, and again i may be running your videos into each other.

am i missing some steps here?

wash
clay bar
105/205 paint correction
polish? do you use a seperate polish with a black hex logic after you 105/205? if so what are you using for polish?

then you use the sealant hi temp 62

then you use collinite, and final wipedown with zaino.
You REALLY need to watch those videos again. What is a polish used for?

You REALLY need to watch those videos again. What is a polish used for?
i have been, but i dont remember you saying you use a polish, thats what the 105/205 is for to correct all paint blemishes.

but in your sealant wax video you said you use a polish before you use the sealant so you got me confused.

i just want my car to match the ring on my finger.....and thats be perfect....

oh, also, if your gonna hang teddy in the garage, if your garage isnt climate controlled you need to seal the glass and photo or else the temperature change and humidity will cause the photo to crinkle or stick to something it shouldnt. especially if your gonna put it straight up on glass and not mat it.

what you are to internet and auto detailing.. i am to sports training and memorabilia preservation.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.