Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to buy a new black charger r/t with the road and track package. i've been doing alot of research and it looks like this car best suites my needs and budget (cant afford the srt as much as i REALLY want one) so this is the next best thing... i really like the car but the only thing that gets me is that it seems like there is a bit of hesitation in the throttle response and theres too much time between when your foot hits the floor and when the tranny downshifts... is there anything that can be done to eliminate this? also what are some things that will wake this cars potential up... such as tq management, reprogrammers, cai, exhaust etc.... what are the KEY things i need to start changing from the time the car leaves the dealership???

·
Registered
219 Posts
i'm not an expert but there is not hesitation in the throttle response if you change the gears by your self.
there is a huge diference when you are driving the car in sport mode (ESC sistem off, shifting years your self, etc) and when you are let's say in pasive mode, just driving comming from work, lol.
of course there is a lot of mods, even superchargers, read a little more in the performance mods chapter here

·
Registered
219 Posts
by the way, if you have so much money for mods, why you dont just buy the srt8? be smart, non mod will reach the package that the beast offer you
lol

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
welcome aboard

AND here's a tip for you> DONT BET ON HIBISGET IN THE 3RD RACE! that horse is lame.:lol: OH i though you wanted beting tips.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
a cold air kit will help/a cat back system/a 180 stat/and a diablo tuner. also IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME FOR THE CAR TO BREAK IN AND LEARN YOUR DRIVING HABITS. theres also a trick to correct the throttle responce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by the way, if you have so much money for mods, why you dont just buy the srt8? be smart, non mod will reach the package that the beast offer you
lol
just few reasons... BIG rebate on 07 is allowing me to payoff my project truck, being the srt is alot more per month in my insurance (i'm only 22) and the third being that i'm not lookin to be a big racer i just want to wake the car up a bit... and last but not least me and wifey are both gettin new cars and since she's gettin the srt8 cherokee i guess i'll have to settle w/ an r/t:grin:

a cold air kit will help/a cat back system/a 180 stat/and a diablo tuner. also IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME FOR THE CAR TO BREAK IN AND LEARN YOUR DRIVING HABITS. theres also a trick to correct the throttle responce.
tell me about this trick... i couldnt pull anything up through a search

·
Registered
702 Posts
This is very good advice. Also, the Diablosport Predater (THE definitive Charger tuner) will get rid of this alomost immediately. The super smple things I always tell people to start on...

Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Diablosport Predator, and Racing Tires. That is a really great start and you still have a lot of stuff left to play with if you've got the dough! (camshaft, headers, suspension, etc.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is very good advice. Also, the Diablosport Predater (THE definitive Charger tuner) will get rid of this alomost immediately. The super smple things I always tell people to start on...

Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Diablosport Predator, and Racing Tires. That is a really great start and you still have a lot of stuff left to play with if you've got the dough! (camshaft, headers, suspension, etc.)
yeah i plan i doing a cam and headers down the road... and i know it may not be everyone on here's "cup a tea" but i plan on going with an airride setup on the suspension. i have a friend that has it on his and it has multiple settings and it handles great

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
just few reasons... BIG rebate on 07 is allowing me to payoff my project truck, being the srt is alot more per month in my insurance (i'm only 22) and the third being that i'm not lookin to be a big racer i just want to wake the car up a bit... and last but not least me and wifey are both gettin new cars and since she's gettin the srt8 cherokee i guess i'll have to settle w/ an r/t:grin:

tell me about this trick... i couldnt pull anything up through a search
turn the key to the run position/but dont start it-next slowly push the gas pedal to the floor all the way and hold it there for about 2 or 3 seconds-next release the pedal back up at the same rate that you pushed it to the floor/dont just let go of it. then turn the key off. next start it and drive it. under the forum header there is a sticky called [DID YOU KNOW THAT] by hemichemi. read all thats been posted there

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeah i plan i doing a cam and headers down the road... and i know it may not be everyone on here's "cup a tea" but i plan on going with an airride setup on the suspension. i have a friend that has it on his and it has multiple settings and it handles great
*drool* I love the airshocks. Super dooper clean, awesome handling, and you can just drop her [email protected]@ to the pavement. That's pretty pimped out. But so dam expensive! I'm using the Eibach kit to lower my ride in a few days (as soon as the parts arrive), because I don't have 3g's+ to spend on them. I am already getting envious of you. :fuming:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*drool* I love the airshocks. Super dooper clean, awesome handling, and you can just drop her [email protected]@ to the pavement. That's pretty pimped out. But so dam expensive! I'm using the Eibach kit to lower my ride in a few days (as soon as the parts arrive), because I don't have 3g's+ to spend on them. I am already getting envious of you. :fuming:
i only have to pay 1800!!! i love havin hookups:rockon: but i think i'll be buyin a diablo preditor first!

·
Registered
702 Posts
i only have to pay 1800!!! i love havin hookups:rockon: but i think i'll be buyin a diablo preditor first!
GRRRRRRRRR. :sick: Don't tell me about your hook-up, you s.o.b! (*cough cough* unless you can get another one, that is!)

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts