Charger Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

So I picked one up today and Installed it. It is about as easy of a CAI install as it gets. Roughly about 15-20 minutes tops to install taking my time, wiping everything down etc.
I think taking the stock rubber tube off took the longest. It was really stuck on there. I had to give it alittle pry with a flat head lightly to break the seal.

Heat soak is not an issue. If anything it actually stays cooler then the Stock setup. I only had a Drop in K&N Air filter and at a red light the stock box heated up very quickly. Easy getting 20-30 degrees over outside temps. Once you got rolling the temperature would drop slowly and hover around 10-15 degrees above. 10 being the lowest I saw I think it might have dropped to 9 over back and forth between 9-10 but 10-15 is average.
With the JLT it got 11 degrees above sitting at a light , I snapped that pic right as I was leaving the light. As said above it drops very quickly and get almost match outside temps. I saw it hit around 5-7 above so far but I only drove up and down around 50 mph on RT13 near my house. Not enough real world testing to say that's an average just what I saw tonight.

When I go to the Track this spring to make some passes I will have the stock air box and filter, then a K&N Drop in Filter , then this JLT CAI system to try out. I may also grab the entire Hellcat setup and see which of the 3/4 setups I like.
So far I'm really liking this JLT system .

Here's how I got it so quick which was less then 1 hour when I found this place. K&N Speed Factory is 10 minutes from my house. They currently sell out of their house and looking for a shop/ Retail space. I love supporting local business and Love being able to buy in person. I met one of the owners on Facebook Charger Club he was talking to someone else about a Tazer system. I was reading the thread and learned they are in PA. Then I learned they where in Bensalem PA. I'm 10 minutes from there and contacted the owner. They had a JLT Intake in stock and I grabbed it. I drove over to the other Owners house and he had it waiting for me. What very nice cool dude they are. I'm all in. They have a ton of stuff you guys especially locally to the Philadelphia area should check them out.

dodge-charger-challenger-300

·
Registered
243 Posts
View attachment 296793
Heat soak is not an issue. If anything it actually stays cooler then the Stock setup. I only had a Drop in K&N Air filter and at a red light the stock box heated up very quickly. Easy getting 20-30 degrees over outside temps. Once you got rolling the temperature would drop slowly and hover around 10-15 degrees above. 10 being the lowest I saw I think it might have dropped to 9 over back and forth between 9-10 but 10-15 is average.
With the JLT it got 11 degrees above sitting at a light , I snapped that pic right as I was leaving the light. As said above it drops very quickly and get almost match outside temps. I saw it hit around 5-7 above so far but I only drove up and down around 50 mph on RT13 near my house. Not enough real world testing to say that's an average just what I saw tonight.
This is for informational purposes with the stock CAI.
Yesterday was quite hot, so I watched my IATs while doing errands.
The outside temps were around 28C(82F) and while parked, temps rose to 62C(144F). Once I started driving the temps dropped to 32C(89F).
This was all with the stock Daytona CAI.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts