Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hmmm...how is it sound wise? Do you have install instructions or is it self explanatory?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...how is it sound wise? Do you have install instructions or is it self explanatory?
Install instructions are here: https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/content/CAI2-DH64-11.pdf

The install is literally removing the stock upper and lower airbox. The JLT box just drops right into the same location and has 1 bolt that holds it secure (The same one the stock lower box was using). Then you just lay the intake in there and connect it to the TB, etc. Super simple.

It has that typical induction sound where you can hear the Air Wooshing in and a nice deeper tone.

Got it boxed up and ready to ship.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,133 Posts
It's a fantastic CAI system. I own it myself. I have the Red filter but the Blue One does look nice.

This is SUPER EASY to install. I did it on one leg in about 15 minutes or less. I think that was taking my time so I didn't re injure myself.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus Dynamics
43 Posts
I had this system on my old scat. I loved it the induction noise was much more pronounced and it looks sick under the hood. I noticed slightly better throttle response as well. Overall best CAI system for the 392 GLWS

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
152 Posts
Is that any different than the Mopar CAI that came on the Daytona's? Looks very similar but I get about 10 degrees over ambient with the Mopar. Were you still using the snorkel with this one somehow?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that any different than the Mopar CAI that came on the Daytona's? Looks very similar but I get about 10 degrees over ambient with the Mopar. Were you still using the snorkel with this one somehow?
I did notice they look similar. The jlt does permit you to keep the snorkel connected. In one of photos you can see they provide a pass through for more air. This is where the snorkel came in. Maybe this helps this one run a little cooler ambient.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
152 Posts
I did notice they look similar. The jlt does permit you to keep the snorkel connected. In one of photos you can see they provide a pass through for more air. This is where the snorkel came in. Maybe this helps this one run a little cooler ambient.
Yeah, the Mopar has that cutout on the front also. I've been wondering if I could get a snorkel hooked up to it somehow. I might have to start a thread on that instead of hijacking your sale post. Sorry, but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Might have better luck there. I Googled them and was going to pull the trigger and then realized the model for the 6.2L is $400, but then saw the one for the 6.4L motor is only $299 new. I'm still on the fence about spending the money on one, does look nice though sitting in the engine bay.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
People install aftermarket CAI just for the sound?? That's a little pricy just for a sound tube.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
What payment method do you accept? PayPal, Venmo?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts