Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking on gettin two 12w3's or one 12w6...
which should i get?

I really want the 12w7 but i dont have enough money.

Any good priced sites to get these??

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i have two 12 w3's in my tiburon and they sound bad ass. i have on 12 w6 for the charger that im currently making a box for.

both great speakers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
2 w3s will be plenty loud... Louder than 1 w7 and they sound great.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Subs

The w6 are a much tighter sub. I'd also look at critical mass subs. The make some really great stuff. JL is great mid level mass produced stuff. But there are a lot more choices out there.

·
Registered
542 Posts
2 of the w6s would be over kill, and need a ton of power. I have had w7, w3, w1, w6...

Of all of them I like the 500.1 and the 2 w3s.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i actually have two w3's and the jl 500/1 sounds really good i havent gotten my mids and highs done yet so it hasnt hit its full potential yet, they are really good subs, but make sure u stick with the jl amp its the best, i had an arc audio 600/1 and it was cool but it blew out and now with the jl im way more satisfied. also i hav a ported box.does any one else have a sealed box? im thinking of geeting a seald but dont know how it will sound..

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
i actually have two w3's and the jl 500/1 sounds really good i havent gotten my mids and highs done yet so it hasnt hit its full potential yet, they are really good subs, but make sure u stick with the jl amp its the best, i had an arc audio 600/1 and it was cool but it blew out and now with the jl im way more satisfied. also i hav a ported box.does any one else have a sealed box? im thinking of geeting a seald but dont know how it will sound..
A ported box makes good bass at low to mid volume levels but starts to fall off at highers volumes-and a sealed box wont hit as hard at lower levels of volume but as you turn up the volume level on your system the bass curve doesnt fall off like a ported box so you need to decide if your going to be blasting it all the time or playing it at lower levels of volume. and it some times takes more power to push subs in a sealed box but all you need is to build it to the right air space [easy] but a ported box needs the right air space AND the right port length to hit the right HZ'S [IT'S CALLED PORT TUNING]

·
Registered
329 Posts
i just sold my 2 13 w7's that were in my 300c...wow...they hit. and yeah for space i would go ported better for more varied music. ported sucks with rock n other stuff

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went with one 13w6 and it hits very well. I have a ported box and am thinking of a fully enclosed box though. It does well with all of my music. Now I need some dynamat for the trunk! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had one 15w6 in my 03 Maxima with a 1000w amp. The sound was AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
i had 3 10w6v2 with 1000/1... im in the process of selling the system when I get back. I have no need for that much bass. I dont need the back window of my charger to flex anymore. But the w6 is a awesome speaker.. I'll tell you that much

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i know it's off topic... but i just read this thread and i think it's funny how jl audio's "w" series or w/e sounds like its named after motor oil lol

"13w7"
"12w6"
"5w20"
:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts