Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was next to a Jetta vr6 last night, he was reving his engine and asking for a race.. I couldnt floor it because my gas tank was empty and I was on my way to the nearest gas station, when he took off if i felt that his acceleration and take off were much faster than my car!! its only a 2.7 not a 3.5 :(

I havent done any performance modifications yet, but will it be worth it spending around $2000 to increase the torque and hp :S

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
That's a bad comparison for you.

It's a Passat VR6
280 HP
265 TQ
0-60 in 6.6 sec
3600 lbs

2k in performance mods is a lot of money for a 4k lb car with a 2.7L motor.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, yours is a 3.5. A nice cat/bac dual exhaust and cai would help some. Cheap mod and less than 1000.00. I would look on the site for anyone with a Daytona that has there stock exhaust of sale, they work very will with the 3.5 and you can get it installed for less than 200.00. Most cat/bac for sale for the 3.5 are single and the dual ones are expensive. Try that route. I sold mine to a 3.5 owner and she loves hers and had a CAI put on and it does really well for her. Sounds BADA$$ to. My .02

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
what year was the jetta? if it was 03-05 GLI vr6 it has a 2.7 200HP motor. it would have taken you off the line but you would catch up once you hit 40 and probably pass it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, yours is a 3.5. A nice cat/bac dual exhaust and cai would help some. Cheap mod and less than 1000.00. I would look on the site for anyone with a Daytona that has there stock exhaust of sale, they work very will with the 3.5 and you can get it installed for less than 200.00. Most cat/bac for sale for the 3.5 are single and the dual ones are expensive. Try that route. I sold mine to a 3.5 owner and she loves hers and had a CAI put on and it does really well for her. Sounds BADA$$ to. My .02
Yeah, if you have a SXT there should be a 3.5 under your hood...and I second the dual exhaust/CAI mods :lol:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
That's a bad comparison for you.

It's a Passat VR6
280 HP
265 TQ
0-60 in 6.6 sec
3600 lbs

2k in performance mods is a lot of money for a 4k lb car with a 2.7L motor.
I think it was an older Jetta VR6, they did make them for a few years, and I think he was saying it had a 2.7, all SXTs have the 3.5 as far as I know. Again the same, most small cars take us off the line but we get back, lol. I think a decent exhaust and CAI make a bit of a difference but really it will just give such a small edge over stock, it depends on what YOU want to do, it is your ride and your money. I like the extra sound and power mine has over stock.

EDIT: I just saw you already have duals, I'm a little confused now

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
:lol:
I think it was an older Jetta VR6, they did make them for a few years, and I think he was saying it had a 2.7, all SXTs have the 3.5 as far as I know. Again the same, most small cars take us off the line but we get back, lol. I think a decent exhaust and CAI make a bit of a difference but really it will just give such a small edge over stock, it depends on what YOU want to do, it is your ride and your money. I like the extra sound and power mine has over stock.

EDIT: I just saw you already have duals, I'm a little confused now
I thought he said he had the 2.7L. I see his sig now.

I'm tapping out.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no no i have a 3.5L with the exhaust depot econo setup, it is +sound -performance...

He had a 2000 Jetta vr6 (MANUAL TRANSMITION).. which is called BORA outside north america :) I realised he had a muffler and a CAI, that car was fast!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well remember it is a lighter car than yours. But like everyone else said, they take off quicker but you might catch him.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yeah the 1997-2000 Jetta VR6s are quick little cars with the 5-speed. Only rated at 174hp stock, but they are light (only 3000 pounds) with a good torque curve. They were rated about 7 seconds 0-60 stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn. I should have gotten a 3.5L instead of 2.7L

·
Registered
62 Posts
most cars will take off on the charger, but they will catch up quick. its a heavy car and these little volkswaggens and audis will eat it up at first, unless your dealin with a hemi..which i am not unfortunately

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
yeah but, in the end, that guy was driving a jetta and you are driving a charger.

you are the real winner.

jetta = upper middle class college girl car

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah the 1997-2000 Jetta VR6s are quick little cars with the 5-speed. Only rated at 174hp stock, but they are light (only 3000 pounds) with a good torque curve. They were rated about 7 seconds 0-60 stock.
I traded my '04 GLS 1.8 turbo for my Charger. Obviously a nice trade up, but I LOVED that little car - it would haul a$$ - 180hp.

·
Registered
537 Posts
yeah but, in the end, that guy was driving a jetta and you are driving a charger.

you are the real winner.

jetta = upper middle class college girl car
Ouch.

I loved my Jetta, and for me jetta = 0% interest and 100,000 warranty, it was a no brainer. I put almost 80,000 miles on it in 3 years and had NO problems from it, got 35 mpg almost without fail.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I know my brother has a 04 jetta and it has a 5 cylinder engine. His car is a lil pocket rocket. It has a sports gear you can put it in and that lil thing moves. it will problytake a 3.5

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Ouch.

I loved my Jetta, and for me jetta = 0% interest and 100,000 warranty, it was a no brainer. I put almost 80,000 miles on it in 3 years and had NO problems from it, got 35 mpg almost without fail.
of course I'm talking out of my ass. I've never owned one, they're probably great cars

·
Registered
30 Posts
ha HA! Chargers are exceptionally slow...The VR6 isn't a fast car either, although I am pro VW because I have a GTI 1.8t...modded. I literally play with Charger R/T's on the highway. I raced this guy with an R/T slightly modded while in 5th gear starting at 75 which is terrible for me because i wont have any power...but i knew i would catch up....by the time we hit 95ish i was flying past him....DOMESTICS SUCK!

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
ha HA! Chargers are exceptionally slow...The VR6 isn't a fast car either, although I am pro VW because I have a GTI 1.8t...modded. I literally play with Charger R/T's on the highway. I raced this guy with an R/T slightly modded while in 5th gear starting at 75 which is terrible for me because i wont have any power...but i knew i would catch up....by the time we hit 95ish i was flying past him....DOMESTICS SUCK!
ah, keep dreaming bud...my r/t would smoke your little 1.8:angry:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
UH...yeah right, my 3.5 has and will smoked imports.......slightly modded.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.