Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the story on these? I hear sometimes there a waste of money. I see a state one and stage 2 available. Worth it? And are there other chips available too?

Is there something like a hypertech programmer that can be used to remove the speed and rev limiters, firm up shift points and such?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Jet modules... well opinions vary, but they are not as good as a programer is something I think all would agree on

no there is not a programer offered at this time

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hey Tom.
The performance you say you felt in your 300C, is that off the line or top end?
It seems to me that everyone in this forum is looking for launch. Top end is just fine for me (for now :wink: ).

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
I would say that it was an all around increase. Throttle response increased and the car seems more responsive all around. Based on the other programming that I deal with I'd say this is probably good for about 12-15hp.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Just confirmed that Jet proms are a go for the 2006 Dodge Charger! :)

90404 2005-'06 Magnum, 300C and Charger with V-8 Hemi $229.99

90404S 2005-'06 Magnum, 300C and Charger *with V-8 Hemi using 91 or higher octane + modified exhaust $229.99

90405 2005-'06 Magnum, 300C and Charger *with V-6 $229.99

90405S 2005-'06 Magnum, 300C and Charger *with V-6 using 91 or higher octane + modified exhaust $229.99

·
Banned
113 Posts
what are the differences with the higher octane and modified exhaust? I'm about to mod my exhaust but generally use midgrade gas

·
Registered
244 Posts
Another question on this is what does it really do for your fuel economy? I have heard that there is an increase, or that there is no increase, and that there is a decrease. I don't want to get much worse with the soaring price of gas these days ($2.69/gallon here in Walla Walla! Just went up at the Chevron across from where I work last night!!). :monster:

I have heard a "rule of thumb" that more horse power is not free, you give up fuel economy. Is this true?

Tom in WW.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
The higher octane and exhaust mods (headers) will allow for more aggressive tuning and a little better performance. I've seen a slight mileage increase after installing the Volant induction and Jet module. Nothing major but I used to count on being somewhere in the 17MPG range with a mix or country road/highway driving. I'm no solidly in the 18s.

Mileage can improve with some mods because you are making the engine more efficent. On the other hand it can go down if you are driving the car harder to take advantage of that power.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
tbyrne said:
The higher octane and exhaust mods (headers) will allow for more aggressive tuning and a little better performance. I've seen a slight mileage increase after installing the Volant induction and Jet module. Nothing major but I used to count on being somewhere in the 17MPG range with a mix or country road/highway driving. I'm no solidly in the 18s.

Mileage can improve with some mods because you are making the engine more efficent. On the other hand it can go down if you are driving the car harder to take advantage of that power.

hey tom... since you know me as the devils advocate on another site... might as well continue here.. :)

Ok... so you sell the volant and jet chip... the cost of getting said parts is $550

so for $550 you are able to gain 1mpg.... so how long does it take to break even if you are doing the mods for fuel economy, with a 1mpg (.5% mpg gain)....

·
Registered
253 Posts
tbyrne said:

Did you notice a difference in power? The reason I ask is obvious, but I am really looking hard for some performance mods. My car should be here in about a month (hopefully been getting decals for over a week now). Also does Jet give any performance #'s? Thinking of getting moded chip (headers). Thanks in advance for info.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
These mods are done for performance but if your looking at when they might pay themselves off you can think of it as this...

Possible 1 MPG gain, 20 gallon tank (or is it 18? :) ) = an extra 20 miles driven for each tank. I paid $2.81 a gallon last night so you'd be saving $3.09 for each tank. The gas prices are now, this number would probably go up between fill-ups. 177.99 gallons would pay for these mods. That is about 9 tank fulls before these mods are free. Note, I'm not saying this will happen but just covering a question :)

I didn't dyno any gains but can tell you that the car sounds faster with the induction (sounds pretty good). I found that it's more responsive in the lower RPM range and pulls through the RPMs faster. The car would pull away hard when I hammered the gas from a dead stop before these upgrades. Doing the same thing now lights up the tires. Not quite a scientific method of testing but it works :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts