Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stage 1 Stage 2 Who has which and how do you like it. Any one get stage one, and upgrade to stage 2?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tuner almost here, 3.5 stroke, bore and turbocharger almost finally possible

A lil advice, u should read more before u waste your money. All that crap does is change the shift points so that it will seem faster by taking longer to upchange and getting those rpm's up there in the stratosphere. In order to maximize this effect, it helps to use premium gas but honestly the most gain u canget from this is 12-14 measly horsepower. If u wanted to get killed at the gas station u might as well have bought an SRT-8 (which actually requires Premium) and instead of peanuts get an ass kicking 425 pounds of torque.

You want R/t Like power without paying V8 insurance premiums? then wait a lil longer until someone finally gets us a top notch flash or tuner and get your 3.5 stroked and bored (read about the Prowler v6 3.5 that got stroked to a 5.0 and i think there is even a 4.3 for those not willing to put that much strain in our aliminum block) This can give us anywhere from 70-120 more HP atthe wheels. If u really wanna kick some R/t ass in a v6, u can add a supercharger and get about 50-60 more HP out of her. For about 6-8 G's u can have a seriously fast 4 door sedan and surprise a lot of people who think its a one exhaust pipe 3.5 turtle.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
A lil advice, u should read more before u waste your money. All that crap does is change the shift points so that it will seem faster by taking longer to upchange and getting those rpm's up there in the stratosphere. In order to maximize this effect, it helps to use premium gas but honestly the most gain u canget from this is 12-14 measly horsepower. If u wanted to get killed at the gas station u might as well have bought an SRT-8 (which actually requires Premium) and instead of peanuts get an ass kicking 425 pounds of torque.

You want R/t Like power without paying V8 insurance premiums? then wait a lil longer until someone finally gets us a top notch flash or tuner and get your 3.5 stroked and bored (read about the Prowler v6 3.5 that got stroked to a 5.0 and i think there is even a 4.3 for those not willing to put that much strain in our aliminum block) This can give us anywhere from 70-120 more HP atthe wheels. If u really wanna kick some R/t ass in a v6, u can add a supercharger and get about 50-60 more HP out of her. For about 6-8 G's u can have a seriously fast 4 door sedan and surprise a lot of people who think its a one exhaust pipe 3.5 turtle.

the jet MODULE does NOT change shift points. its been stated on here, and by their company many times. the module in question tricks the computer into thinking the incoming air is colder, which makes the injectors run rich, which also advances the timing. the air entering the engine isnt as cold as the computer is being tricked to believe, so the addition of more fuel, without denser air is kinda pointless, unless there is a lean condition to start with.

its not a chip, as if you look on jet chips site, they sell ACTUAL CHIPS, but only for GM http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=23393 chips are for older OBD I cars

OBD 2 cars either get modules, which trick the computer...

or you can get a reflash, which changes the computers core information.

really the only need for higher octane is advancing of timing, or higher compression engines to combat predetonation, which is why the higher the chance for predetonation, the higher the octane you are to use...

ask for actual before and after dynos, with a 250 crank hp engine, the best i;ve seen so far was 2.5hp gain, which for 200+ dollars, questionable.

if you are serious about performance, look into a reflash.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you are patient, wait for a tuner... I'm hoping the Predator should be out for the 3.5 by December and looks to be 400 bucks or so.

The Jet Chips (the chip inside the module, that is, for Samoan ;) ) were first and they do what the do well... and do it cheaply. I have the Jet Stage 2 and am happy with it. Easy install, and cheap. Lets me burn premium gas. Decreases soot on my tailpipes which means I'm getting a better burn. Lots of people seem to hate the chip but if you ask I have a feeling these people haven't used one on their 3.5 HO's. Few people who have the chip really hate it. Most like it. I had mine out recently and missed it.

B&G flash came next and re-tunes your PCM programming for performance. But you're buying B&G's tuning which might not be best for your mods. Of course this is a better answer than a chip but it's not perfect -- if your dealer re-flashes your PCM or your computer fries your investment is lost. You are buying software but they are not giving you a backup disc, so to speak. Gains are much more substantial than with the Jet modules, however.

Tuners are next on the scene, one or two look imminent, and will be a better solution and cheaper too. With the help of people on the forums you should be able to outdo the gains of the B&G flash for your specific car without having to send your computer module away for a week or two (leaving your car braindead) or having to buy a new module. Plus you'll be able to tweak.

Bottom line...
Jet - 1st - under $200
B&G - 2nd - $400 to $700
Tuner - coming - $400

Each gets better.. and lucky for us the next one is cheaper than the 2nd one. IMHO the B&G is overpriced but since they've had problems with some customers (eg. different transmissions etc.) I guess the extra overhead is needed for all the re-flashing and extra shipping costs incurred.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts