Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a point of reference since all I have heard/seen are online videos of exhaust and the sound changes from video to video.

My point of reference is from a 71 Chevelle 350 built with Hooker headers, 3" pipes, Flowmaster 40 series and no cats and a 72 Chevelle 454 with the same setup. I am assuming when people talk about "drone" they just mean the sound of the muffler at cruise/interstate speed because it doesn't go so quiet you can barely hear it running.

After reading several posts and thinking about going with LM1 or JBA I wanted to compare the two, but came up empty on a search for JBA vs LM1. I figured the best way to get answers was to ask people who have them and what they like/don't like.

How do the 2 compare?
How do the 2 differ?
Which one sounds more like the classic muscle car?
How loud is it inside, can you carry on a conversation without yelling?

Any input is appreciated since I would like to get my catback as soon as possible. I am just having a hard time deciding between the 2 setups.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you get an answer?

Hello,
You asked exactly the same question I want an answer for: (which sounds like a classic muscle?)
I hope you got an answer for this.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hello,
You asked exactly the same question I want an answer for: (which sounds like a classic muscle?)
I hope you got an answer for this.
Since it's now 6 years later from the first post and the OP hasn't been here since 2011, I doubt you are going to get an answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts