Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the Short Tubes installed.
Oddly enough, the Borla's are not as loud in the interior any more... of course they are still loud but not as obnoxious as before (interior)
I Definitely feel the torque at low RPMs and on slow acceleration I can definitely hear the "gurgle, gurgle" as opposed to before it was very subtle.

Only thing is... when they installed it they might have overlooked something cause when I accelerate into a tight left turn...no mater the speed, I feel something... like the tire making contact with something... rubbing of some sort.

Either way I'm taking it back to the dealer so they check it out.
Love the combination though :)

And cause i live in California... I did get the "smog legal" short tubes

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i know what the rubbing is.
well i dont, know exactly, but i know there is a really recent post about how to fix it. since i love you so much ill see if i cant dig it up :)

here you go dude.

on the 3rd page of this thread. may wanna contact FMLYRCR to see if u can figure out more. but this is all i know

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46144&page=3

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice exhaust set up, I love it. Although I do have the left turn rub and the occasional washboard bumps that make it sound loose.
I read the link for a fix, weld it huh? Maybe I will ask for a quote, it doesn't bug me too much, yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I took it back to the dealer and he showed me the problem. The right header was making contact with a "crossmember"? Either way I will probably take it into a local muffler shop, where I had the Borlas installe, and see if they help me out.
The vibration or rubbing sensation can be felt AND heard when I start the turning the wheel to the left... starting after 10 degrees.
Has anyone tried contacting 402 motoring (where I got my headers) if they know of a fix?

I didn't get any high flow cats, just the short tube headers

·
Registered
507 Posts
I didn't get any high flow cats, just the short tube headers
What no Hi FLows? id look into them. . ive been hearing stock cats eat up alot of HP. . Flows will free them up and give you even more sound. .

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What no Hi FLows? id look into them. . ive been hearing stock cats eat up alot of HP. . Flows will free them up and give you even more sound. .
unfortunately from my understanding Hi flow cats are illegal in California

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yes they are but you can easily changed them out when you need to go get a smog. It will take about 15 mins to switch them from Hi-flow to stock.

simple simple simple....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts