Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was toying with a few different ideas regarding exhaust..(brylecreem, blastin' bobs, catback, etc.) I knew that I would eventually do it, so why waste other money first... I ordered the JBA catback system and can't wait for this car to actually sound like it should. I will update when it has arrived and then after the install.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well I was toying with a few different ideas regarding exhaust..(brylecreem, blastin' bobs, catback, etc.) I knew that I would eventually do it, so why waste other money first... I ordered the JBA catback system and can't wait for this car to actually sound like it should. I will update when it has arrived and then after the install.

Are you going to put the headers in too?

·
Registered
928 Posts
nice, the JBA's sound good, you shouldnt be disappointed. I know I was a bit sad too at how quiet the car was stock.

·
Registered
214 Posts
After that long a$$ PM that I send you regarding the merits of a BB set-up, you went with JBA??!! :knockout: Just kidding... I'm actually looking at a full JBA set-up (headers/midpipes/catback) with a custom BB 2.50" reso kit (to take care of the drone problem). I talked to Bob and he can get a set out with DW tips for pretty darn cheap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After that long a$$ PM that I send you regarding the merits of a BB set-up, you went with JBA??!! :knockout: Just kidding... I'm actually looking at a full JBA set-up (headers/midpipes/catback) with a custom BB 2.50" reso kit (to take care of the drone problem). I talked to Bob and he can get a set out with DW tips for pretty darn cheap.
Yeah I apologize for not responding to your PM, I was in deep thought and this is what I came up with. Hopefully, I made the right decision. But thanls for your help.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
man. you guys are crazy. i cannot get my car to drone with the JBA setup. ive even spent part of today trying.

i have headers and catback with stock midpipes. (jba has em backordered so ima get em in and installed next week)

but dude.
i cant NOT get it to drone. it has a lil cabin resonance in first/second gear at about 1800 RPMs but it even had that with the stock exhaust, this has just amplified it a bit.

but i put it on cruise at 65 mph, 70 mph. thru the rpm band and no drone that i can detect.

ill let you know if it changes with the cats, but i dont think that will

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah I apologize for not responding to your PM, I was in deep thought and this is what I came up with. Hopefully, I made the right decision. But thanls for your help.
No problem. It's tough trying to make the right decisions... especially, when the mods get more and more expensive!!:knockout: Enjoy the heck out of your R&T. I took mine down to the dealership for its first oil change. Before I took it in, I returned the SC program to stock... man, what a difference in performance!! As soon as I got it home, I reprogrammed it to 91 Oct/Performance tranny... it really came back to life and had its old growl back!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the JBA cat back and I love it. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
JBA's were actually my second choice. I love the way they soud, exspecialy with headers.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep. the JBA sound is exactly what i wanted. i cannot wait to get my high flow cats in, they were backordred ;( i know it will bring out the best exhaust tone from waht i have now and really have the performance end of things hine

i highly reccomend the jba setup and im not even complete hehe

·
Vendor
815 Posts
We sell a lot of JBA's and have had pretty much nothing but positive feedback on all of the exhaust components. JBA shorties and mid-pipes are the best in their catagory and their cat-back is a great bang for the buck, too, with really good performance and an aggressive sound.

... And we always carry a very large selection in stock so these systems, whether it's cat-backs, headers or mid-pipes, are never back ordered. Just order online or give us a call during business hours and we will ship out same day. PLUS, all of our JBA systems are on sale right now through SEMA!

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Hey Josh, why dont you bring a set of JBA shorties and mid pipes out to SEMA with you and I'll buy em on the spot! No shipping! I mean, since I live here and all. LOL
Hey I have a great SEMA idea. Yall can build up my motor! hehehehe Right there on the floor. Maybe we can dyno it too. chuckle chuckle snort lol
Oh well its a fun pipe dream.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well, just got an updated email with a tracking #. After checking the tracking it seems that it's on the truck and will be delivered today. Hopefully I will get it installed tomorrow!

You gotta get us some soundclips & or pictures after you get them installed. :)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Hey Hemi you aming the Bullrun?o we can meet up in Barstow when I catch the caravan.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.