Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need an exhaust for the wifes Daytona, needs to be stainless, chrome tips, and cant have the mufflers showing. So far these are the only two that are not as expensive as my Borla, which would you go with and why? Any other suggestions are appreciated as long as they fit those req's

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess this also includes SLP Loudmouth II, I didnt realize it fit the reqs and was around the 600 dollar range

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Bassani for sure, the JBA will be louder but much more drone

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
my JBA system sounds pretty similar to Gabe's on the 5.7, the JBA def has more of a baffled, almost lope to it. the Bassani has that nice purr and isn't as loud. The LM's to my experience are a more aggressive/less clean sounding louder version of the JBA's (comparing my brothers 6.1 LM system to my JBA's)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
And my JBA with the heads/cam/headers and 660 RPM idle ... start/idle/rev/shut-off/re-start/idle :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe643bqnt6w&fmt=18

I love the way this set-up sounds at idle ... :) ... I sometimes giggle to myself like a little girl as I remotely start it and I approach the car from the rear for the full rumbling effect ... :lol:

Yeah, I know I'm a "little" crazy ... :lol:

And I still have the high flow cats to install ... :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I guess since its for my wifes car, she doesnt want too much drone, do the JBAs drone alot? My borlas are basically quiet as stock until I punch it, do the JBAs or SLP get that way?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
well I guess since its for my wifes car, she doesnt want too much drone, do the JBAs drone alot? My borlas are basically quiet as stock until I punch it, do the JBAs or SLP get that way?
i've never heard/seen the bassani in person, if you want no drone you dont want the LM's lol. The JBA's for me only get drone around like 3k rpm but its annoying (to passengers at least) sometimes to cruise at 70-75. Before my brother gutted his cats with the LM's we still had to yell/ talk with a raised voice to converse in the car.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I have the JBA and think for the money it's o.k. but I'd get the Bassani, for one it is polished in some areas and I've tried to polish my JBA and the results are poor( the grade of SS is lower than the Bassani).

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I have the JBA and think for the money it's o.k. but I'd get the Bassani, for one it is polished in some areas and I've tried to polish my JBA and the results are poor( the grade of SS is lower than the Bassani).
Hehe ... I hate cleaning chrome exhaust tips, so I painted my JBA tips flat black :) :

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I guess Im confused, which SLP has drone? Im considering the JBAs for the money, but Ill spend the extra bit for the non drone factor

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bassani's sound kinda of muddy from the youtube clips ive heard. I liek the way the SLP LM2 looks, Ill see if I can find any drone videos

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
So I guess Im confused, which SLP has drone? Im considering the JBAs for the money, but Ill spend the extra bit for the non drone factor
Both SLP systems (LM1 and LM2) will have drone ... just that the "2" has a slightly more mellow tone ... not quite as aggressive / loud as the LM1.

BTW, SLP also make a third system, the PowerFlo ... and I think this one is more of a no-drone system ... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8m6sZDIjLk&fmt=18

1 - 20 of 35 Posts