Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got a set of jba headers and this his how they came.

Was happy 馃槉
And then I turned them over.
20201212_170709.jpg

Completely disgusting 馃樁馃ぎ
Anybody else experienced this with jba?
I got jba instead of bbk because most people on here said they were better but maybe I should have went with bbk?
I'm gonna take em to a machine shop and have them re profiled because I'm impatient. I get that jba and bbk are budget options but they should at least work properly without modifications.........

Registered
Wow it looks like you've got some grinding work ahead of you. They may have to add some material than profile them to get a lasting seal. I also would send JBA a picture and ask for some compensation. Other than that they do look nice.

Registered
I bought the JBA shorty headers and they didn't look anything like that. Quality on mine was very good. I bought the silver ceramic coated headers and the backside looked as good as the front side. I don't have any pics of the backside but the front side looked like the image below. I bought mine through HHP (High Horse Performance).

Reactions: HemisNHops

Registered
Got a set of jba headers and this his how they came. View attachment 296538

Was happy 馃槉
View attachment 296539
View attachment 296540
View attachment 296541
View attachment 296542

I got jba instead of bbk because most people on here said they were better but maybe I should have went with bbk?
I'm gonna take em to a machine shop and have them re profiled because I'm impatient. I get that jba and bbk are budget options but they should at least work properly without modifications.........

Your post made me take a look at mine. Just opened the box...

Am i in the same boat???
20201219_222718.jpg

For what its worth, i ran their 6 cyl headers a decade ago and they looked similar to what i have now.

Just wondering what yall think???

Registered
Got a set of jba headers and this his how they came. View attachment 296538

Was happy 馃槉
View attachment 296539
View attachment 296540
View attachment 296541
View attachment 296542

Omg you better raise hell. Start out polite but that is ridiculous.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Your post made me take a look at mine. Just opened the box...

Am i in the same boat???
View attachment 296572
View attachment 296573

For what its worth, i ran their 6 cyl headers a decade ago and they looked similar to what i have now.

Just wondering what yall think???
Yep I see the grooves in yours too brother. I went ahead and resurfaced them. They are flat to within 1/16 to 3/32 on one port and the others are less than 1/16. A couple of ports still have little grooves in them but they are outside of a smooth part of the port. I bought some remflex gaskets so I think they will be good. Just waiting on the gaskets to come in. Next time I'll spend the extra money and get a better quality brand.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the JBA shorty headers and they didn't look anything like that. Quality on mine was very good. I bought the silver ceramic coated headers and the backside looked as good as the front side. I don't have any pics of the backside but the front side looked like the image below. I bought mine through HHP (High Horse Performance).

View attachment 296547
Amazon for me. That was were I f#$&ed up probably

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Wow it looks like you've got some grinding work ahead of you. They may have to add some material than profile them to get a lasting seal. I also would send JBA a picture and ask for some compensation. Other than that they do look nice.
Actually didn't have to add any material. These headers have raised ports that had plenty of material. Not a bad idea about trying to get compensated. I should have just returned them but I'm hard headed and like to fix things.

Registered
Some of those welds have nonfill too. Crappy workmanship.

Registered
Some of those welds have nonfill too. Crappy workmanship.
Which pic had welds? Lol!

Seriously all those welds would have failed a visual QC check at the place I work.

Being a welder metal worker has made me afraid of a lot of things, I'm afraid of amusement rides, playgrounds and some foot bridges after 10 years in the trade and knowing what to look at. Its amazing how much stuff we trust our lives to and it all has unbelievably poor quality.

No due diligence, no pride of work and no accountability in today's world.

Registered
Post 9. Inside of port near the forefinger in the top photo of the post is nonweld.

And I cant make out what that large negative is inside the first port of post #7. And it looks like the header was abrasive blasted to the uniform color or chromize coated.

Registered
2013 R/T
Is it marked made in the USA?

Reactions: HemisNHops

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Idk. It has a jba nameplate on one of the headers but I've already wrapped them and don't remember what all it said. They could be knock offs though. Never thought about that. Ima stop buying parts from eBay and Amazon. I know that though.

Registered
Heres a question for anyone... didnt want to start a whole new discussion since theres a good talk on headers here.

I plan to go with OEM mopar gaskets. Is there any real advantage to the 5.7 oneswith the heat flange vs the 6.4/6.1 ones? My plan was to use the 6.4/6.1 gaskets since the header is coated.

Secondly, bolts. The 5.7 bolts are too long. So the oem 6.4/6.1 bolts with the heat activated locktite would be the way to go, correct?

Registered
Post 9. Inside of port near the forefinger in the top photo of the post is nonweld.

And I cant make out what that large negative is inside the first port of post #7. And it looks like the header was abrasive blasted to the uniform color or chromize coated.
That void is the egr pipe... it doesnt apply to the 15 and up cars from what im seeing stock. The stock gasket doesnt have a hole there, so i figure i should be good.

Id switch to hooker blackhearts if they were carb legal.

Registered
Yep I see the grooves in yours too brother. I went ahead and resurfaced them. They are flat to within 1/16 to 3/32 on one port and the others are less than 1/16. A couple of ports still have little grooves in them but they are outside of a smooth part of the port. I bought some remflex gaskets so I think they will be good. Just waiting on the gaskets to come in. Next time I'll spend the extra money and get a better quality brand.
I thought about it, but i think i may be stuck with it since they are the titanium ceramic coating.

Prob will ring em up and see what they say.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts