Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the JBA cat-back kit today, couldn't wait! I still have the performance cats and headers on the way but will have a shop install those for me. The cat-back kit went together well. It was more difficult getting the OEM system out than putting the JBA kit in. The sound is great...:tongue:
OEM system

JBA system

OEM removed

JBA installed

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Looks great! How does it sound at idle and cruising on the freeway?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At idle it reminds me of my 95 Ram which had duels with glass-packs. I have not had in on the hwy yet but I did drive it around town, nice throaty sound.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice man, whats the difference between the OEM and the JBA's...other than the nice throaty sound? Does it free up any HP?
JBA will free up a few ponies over the OEM system. The JBA system does not use resonators and uses a less restrictive muffler. Not to mention, less weight!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great pics... thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
JBA will free up a few ponies over the OEM system. The JBA system does not use resonators and uses a less restrictive muffler. Not to mention, less weight!
Wow, thxs for the info man, appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did get it out on the HWY today. The sound was great! The level was very tolerable to me and it roars at WOT. I did notice a banging sound when the pipes were still cold. I found one the hangers is a bit close to a steel bracket. I should be able to adjust it with no problem.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

Ya forgot that the JBA system also increases the pipe size 1/4" and all bends are mandrel bent!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya forgot that the JBA system also increases the pipe size 1/4" and all bends are mandrel bent!
Thanks for pointing that out. I can't wait to get the headers and cats now to see how well it all works toghter.:)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. I can't wait to get the headers and cats now to see how well it all works toghter.:)
I have all three components and love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started with the catback, then the cats, and finally I installed my headers.
Really comes together nicely.
The cats are my favorite. Gives the system a meaner throaty sound.
You have less interior resonance with the whole kit over lust the catback

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
that looked exhausting

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
when you installed you catback did you or are you going to have the pipe seams welded or do the clamps seal really well. an exhaust leak can be annoying.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just wait till you get the headers and mid pipes on. The sound is even better and you free up even more low end torque. I love my setup.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when you installed you catback did you or are you going to have the pipe seams welded or do the clamps seal really well. an exhaust leak can be annoying.
When I have the headers and cats put on I'll have the shop tack weld the joints. The clamps work well but the tacks are added security.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts