1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Sad but you can never be too careful. I never lift more than one side at a time and will always put a wheel and tire under the car to help stop it if it falls. I bought a pair of these Esco jacks and they work great.

Whenever I see someone asking about how to get the whole car up in the air on 4 jackstands I just cringe, I would never get under that car.

Also chock those wheels! Years ago a guy in my town was under his car and no chocks, he pulled the rear u-joint and when the driveshaft popped loose the car rolled off the jacks and killed him. Be careful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. Hoping to get the quickjacks eventually.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
THE reason I don't raise my car with a jack or use jack stands for the purpose of getting underneath it for ANY reason.

Had a coworker back in the 90s get crushed to death when his car on jack stands in the front slipped off. Never forgot it.

I read today where a 54 year-old woman managed to dial 9 1 1 with her feet for helpl after her car tumbled off the jack pinning both her hands under the wheel and tire when changing a flat.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I put the car on 4 jack stands when doing brakes and rotating the tires, but when changing the oil I just lift the from end with 2 stands. I check numerous times that everything is secure before I slide under.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Unless I have to pull a tire, I love my rhino ramps.
The Rhino ramps are great for my wife's car, but I can't get my Charger on them it sits too low. I can use two 2x4s, but that cuts it close with the splash guard, and one 2x4 isn't enough to get it on the ramps either.

One time I lifted the car up and set on on the ramps, but that was too much work.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll show ya what I did w my rhino ramps when I get home from work. The car gained a few more inches in height and sturdy af.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
416 Posts

First lift after purchase ^^^
Sweet spot is 10 inches closer to rear tire. Tire rotation/oil change combo gets these

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want a quick jack is the worst way.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He said the sweet spot is 10 inches further back so I’m sure it’s more centered.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But the Charger should be used w the EXT version of the quick jack or the EXT adapter. Give you 6” more space for the punch weld

·
Registered
416 Posts
There is not enough money in this world to get me under that car with that lift that far forward
That was just a practice lift. The charger has almost 50/50 weight distribution. I lift with the jacks more centered between the wheels. Rear lift block goes right in front of the plastic post thingy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts