Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might not stay in heaven long if I can't keep my foot off the floor!!!

Hiya,

The where: Suburbs of Kansas City
The why: The '98 Jag XJ8L finally hit they transmission problem and the service manager told me to get rid of it.
The how: Test driving a '07 Caliber with the wife, drove the test car (from a Ford dealer) on to the Dodge lot. She liked a different Caliber which she got. Was going to get one myself but after the test drive I felt like the CVT would drive me bonkers. The sales guy told me about the Lost Leader Avenger which I drove and liked enough to take home. 2 cars 1 day...what a day.

So for the last 3 weeks I have been driving the Avenger with the 2.4L 4 banger. It really is all I need to get from point A to point B. It has pretty decent power for a 4 banger and got me around slow traffic with ease, if not with that 4 cylinder whining noise.

I had been complaining terribly about the color (Bright Silver). So yesterday we both had the day off and she had had enough. We went back to the dealership to have something taken car of on her Caliber and for me to check out other possible Avengers. Walk around a little and checked out all of the Avengers they had on the lost, nothing really got my going; especially since they didn't have the Inferno at all.

We walked on the other side of the lot and I just had to sit in a Charger (the original car I wanted for several months...went with the Avenger because I was *trying* to be financially responsible).

The *sit* turned into a test spin (drove a SE about 5 weeks ago with the 2.7 V6 and hated the car) and that g** *amn R/T HEMI flew like lightning, even in traffic.

Needless to say the Caliber did not come home with us. So the wife is taking the Avenger off my hands with 1135 miles and well...it isn't hard to guess what I have been doing the last 24 hours.

"Ya need anything from the store honey?" 45 minutes later I return from the normally 10 minute trip.

Now I feel bad for yelling at my daughter for going through a full tank of gas in 1 day when she got her car 6 weeks ago. I have just started my 2nd tank and am ready to go buy some light bulbs at 11:30 at night.

BTW: The Jag a'int got nothin on this HEMI. I loved that Jag and had wanted it for 20 years. The only car I ever thought about until I got it along with the crazy repair bills and bad engineering.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
great story! and yea i know what u mean about the jag, as u can see in my sig (88 xj-s, w/ the real british engineering) luckily i havent had any problems with it yet! and if i do then i have a spare one for parts lol.. but i'm glad u got the charger! welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from Washington!!! Sounds like you got the sweet end of the deal. Enjoy the new ride!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Welcome to the forums, from MA! Congrats on the Charger and that was great story. I know how you feel about normally short trips taking MUCH longer. My wife and I are both guilty of that :grin:
-J

Oh yeah I forgot, where are the pics??!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
great story! i drooled over the chargers for 2 years until I finally got mine. I had a honda civic prior to the charger and it's like night and day now. I am constantly finding excuses to take my charger out for a drive. Have fun with it:lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. :)

Just finished up installing my new AFE 2. Perfect timing...filled up the tank and came home to find my new present. whooot

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome from the Motor City!!. I feel the modding bug is about to bite, lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome from the Motor City!!. I feel the modding bug is about to bite, lol.

Already bit LOL
Have the Diablo in the mail...the rest will have to wait for the bank account to grow up a little. :ill:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.