Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going to start a long thread, but I wanted to say that before the end of this week, I will have everything I want for my car. I have been with this forum for quite a while. Added a little input here and there, seen members transform their cars many times over, and even convinced my friend to buy an RT.

Something happened to me and last week day after day I was able to place orders for an AFE II intake, Honeycomb grill with RT insert, Srt Hood, Hood struts, black foose nitrus 20" wheels staggard, 20" toyo proxys, 16 platnum spark plugs, touch up paint, and today an Srt suspension (thanks purevil).

Except for tires, suspension, and painting hood, I will do everything myself.
Coming home everyday this week from work will be like Christmas. Thanks to all for your help.
S.D.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Man, thats awesome! I love seein charger owners makin their car "theirs"! I loved doin all my stuff myself, and you are gonna love it too. (Wait, pullin the front clip in 106 heat plus 35% humidity really really sucked, along with the recover from dehydration lol) but seeing the fruits of the labor rocked.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Can y'all say Bling Bling. thats some serious dropping of the cashola
:rockon:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
No problem S.D. Thanks for taking the suspension off my hands, otherwise they'd be sitting in the storage area collecting dust. Should I PM you in sept about my sway bars too? :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
<----- jealous! Wife put an end to the mods for a bit. Hood and wheels are still on my wish list. Which hood did ya buy??

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was shooting for the RK sports hood at first. The RK is a good price, a functional hood scoop, yet still modest looking. The ram air hood is not really my taste. I finally got an Srt hood, which is what I have always wanted anyway for the price of an RK.

Evil. You beat me to the punch. I was hoping that I could get first dibs on the sways considering our recent deal. Just pm me and give me enough time to respond. There are going to be alot of quick road trips in my immediate future and I want enough time to respond back to you.

Thanks for the well wishes everybody.
S.D.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day 1. Mission Complete.

I put in my honeycomb grill with red RT logo as well as my new hood struts. Very happy with myself. After reading all of the write-ups, I was able to complete everything in the dark with very little light. I was so good, I practically did it with my eyes closed! No kidding. I started at dusk, and ended an hour later. I've always wanted the honeycomb grill, but after reading stories of people taking off their whole front end, I decieded to wait. Glad I did. Took me 20 min. 4 Screws, pop out old, put in new, screw back on. Merry Christmas to me. Hmmmm, what will come tommorrow. :grin:
S.D.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:grin: LOL. I absolutely will post picks, but not until all of the goodies arrive. Stay tuned.
S.D.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Damn! Talk about Christmas in the summertime!! Kudos man! Just make sure your wife thinks you're rushing home to her! **snicker, snicker** :)
Keep us posted man, we are all eager to see how she turns out.....
Chase

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 10. Rundown

Well, since day one, I have put in my new plugs, AFE II (all I can say is wow), wheels & tires, and suspension today (shout to PUREVIL). Got a personal call today from the ebay seller with whom I had bought my srt hood from. Said there is a slight delay, but he is on it, and hopes to ship by end of next week. Makes me feel better when the owner calls and says he will personally handle this. My patients meter was easily filled back up.

Receive hood, then paint, and I will be done. No pics till then, but I did download HEMEEE'S "How to post and resize pics". I will be ready.
S.D.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, since day one, I have put in my new plugs, AFE II (all I can say is wow), wheels & tires, and suspension today (shout to PUREVIL). Got a personal call today from the ebay seller with whom I had bought my srt hood from. Said there is a slight delay, but he is on it, and hopes to ship by end of next week. Makes me feel better when the owner calls and says he will personally handle this. My patients meter was easily filled back up.

Receive hood, then paint, and I will be done. No pics till then, but I did download HEMEEE'S "How to post and resize pics". I will be ready.
S.D.
how much was the hood? could you post a link?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Have fun with the installs and seeing the transformation. Make sure to post pics afterwards. Enjoy yourself!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I cant wait for pics!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts