Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an SRT-4 owner who has been swayed over to the Hemi. I was going to get Stage 3R for my car, but have now decided on the RWD V8 to satisfy my horsepower needs.

I plan on keeping my car another year only to sell it for a Charger/Magnum. I'm curious to see if the Charger will take off like the 300s have. I'm actually crossing my fingers that they don't so discounts/incentives will be offered on them, (especially the SRT version).

Mopar will need to come out with performance products for the Hemi very soon, as there will surely be a market for such items.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mobotix said:
I'm an SRT-4 owner who has been swayed over to the Hemi. I was going to get Stage 3R for my car, but have now decided on the RWD V8 to satisfy my horsepower needs.

I plan on keeping my car another year only to sell it for a Charger/Magnum. I'm curious to see if the Charger will take off like the 300s have. I'm actually crossing my fingers that they don't so discounts/incentives will be offered on them, (especially the SRT version).

Mopar will need to come out with performance products for the Hemi very soon, as there will surely be a market for such items.
I still have my 03 SRT4 bone stock except the air filter. I was considering doing the Stage 3, but the emissions problems that were stated on the site held be back. You know if they got that cleared up, or would I not be able to get it dealer installed and be able to drive to work on the highway?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've only heard positive things about Stage 3 over on the SRTforums.

I'm just saving up for Stage 2 w/toys and that's where I'll stop.

I'm prepared to hang on to the SRT-4 for a while. It'll probably be about 5 years before I consider another car. So we'll have to see where the current horsepower wars take us, and what will become of this Charger! (good things, I foresee!)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
DubleDex said:
1. I've only heard positive things about Stage 3 over on the SRTforums.

2. I'm just saving up for Stage 2 w/toys and that's where I'll stop.

I'm prepared to hang on to the SRT-4 for a while. It'll probably be about 5 years before I consider another car. So we'll have to see where the current horsepower wars take us, and what will become of this Charger! (good things, I foresee!)
1. :D
2. That's what I said, then the little old lady mugging spree began :eek:
3. Same here, the plan is to sell the wife on trading her 99 Blazer for the SRT-8 ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
DubleDex said:
I've only heard positive things about Stage 3 over on the SRTforums.

I'm just saving up for Stage 2 w/toys and that's where I'll stop.

Any emissions problems with the Stage 2? I'm don't exactly have an auto shop in the back of my house, so I can't install it myself and the site says that they won't install it on a highway registered car...

·
Registered
27 Posts
SlickerSRT said:
Any emissions problems with the Stage 2? I'm don't exactly have an auto shop in the back of my house, so I can't install it myself and the site says that they won't install it on a highway registered car...
I have a suspicion that if you have the cash, they have a technician willing to install the turbo upgrade on your car!

But I haven't done it yet (and will probably install myself with help of family), so it's a question best asked on the forum. I know people have had the dealer install Stage 2 before they even pick up their new car - so... I'm sure they'll do it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
DubleDex said:
I have a suspicion that if you have the cash, they have a technician willing to install the turbo upgrade on your car!

But I haven't done it yet (and will probably install myself with help of family), so it's a question best asked on the forum. I know people have had the dealer install Stage 2 before they even pick up their new car - so... I'm sure they'll do it.
Thanks! That's been on my mind for about a year now... Sadly I don't put too many miles on the car, so I still haven't had a chance to ask the Dodge dealership while I'm there... Though when I brought it to the local Ford Dealership the other day for repairs (my friend decided to take a corner too sharply and flattened the flaired fender in the rear passenger side), they asked me why I hadn't put on at least the Stage 1 kit. I said I was waiting for pricing on the Stage 3 w/toys. I'm also thinking about putting on the short throw shift kit, the stage 1 suspension, the cat back exhaust, and the sway bars... but that's a different discussion. Long story short, I want it to look like a stock SRT-4 that can run with an Evo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts