Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I may not own a charger, I get to drive a 2012 pursuit charger and I love it. I will buy my own if they retire this one and make me drive something else.

So my question is this... are police accepted here or hated? Never know what I'm getting into on forum sites.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
there are several LEO's on here. we have several threads that they answer questions...so to answer your question..WELCOME..:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome from Oregon!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
BURN RUBBER! Oh wait...
Welcome from Chicago!
:beerchug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great, I've been trolling for a while, wishing I could do some of the mods I've seen here. While I have installed XM (not an option on police packages, dumb..) and an aftermarket Bluetooth because it wasn't ordered with hands free, I don't think my boss would approve of some of the cooler mods. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that a take home car?
Yes, it was issued to me with 300 miles on it. I'm at 19K now. Barring anything unforeseen, I should retire it around 90K. I've already told them I want another Charger when I retire this one. I've sat in the police ford interceptors. They are not made for someone who is 6'3. Way too cramped. Not to mention the Charger looks so much better. I had a 2006 Charger before this one, which I loved, but after having the 2012, I would never go back to the 2006.

I hated the traction control in the '06. The stability/traction control in the '12 is much better suited for patrol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've sat in a couple police chargers. (front seat! haha) Nice set ups

And no flamage for being a cop around here! Just maybe let some other chargers you pull over off with a warning ;) Hahaha We take care of our own!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes, it was issued to me with 300 miles on it. I'm at 19K now. Barring anything unforeseen, I should retire it around 90K. I've already told them I want another Charger when I retire this one. I've sat in the police ford interceptors. They are not made for someone who is 6'3. Way too cramped. Not to mention the Charger looks so much better. I had a 2006 Charger before this one, which I loved, but after having the 2012, I would never go back to the 2006.

I hated the traction control in the '06. The stability/traction control in the '12 is much better suited for patrol.

OK, I thought so. The sattelite radio was a give away plus it looked way to clean to be a shared unit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They treat me alright...Never arrested any of them (as far as I know)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome, Deputymax. Most of the hate mail you'll get here will probably be because someone else is buying your gas for you! :driving:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK, I thought so. The sattelite radio was a give away plus it looked way to clean to be a shared unit.
LOL yeah, I like to keep it clean. A filthy car drives me crazy. I just need to take a little time and clean up and loom some wires. Some cars from our fleet are a mess, they just don't care because it's not theirs. Sure it's not mine, but it's my office. Why would I want to work in a filthy office?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome, Deputymax. Most of the hate mail you'll get here will probably be because someone else is buying your gas for you! :driving:
LOL I understand that. And I am far from getting the 26.5 mpg you're getting. :) More like 11.3... ouch. But I spend a lot of time idling, then the peddle mashed to the floor.

·
Registered
324 Posts
LOL yeah, I like to keep it clean. A filthy car drives me crazy. I just need to take a little time and clean up and loom some wires. Some cars from our fleet are a mess, they just don't care because it's not theirs. Sure it's not mine, but it's my office. Why would I want to work in a filthy office?
Sometimes I wish we had take home cars. Mainly so the car is set up the same every time I get in it. Plus keeping it clean. It doesn't matter now I'm at the end of my career.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sometimes I wish we had take home cars. Mainly so the car is set up the same every time I get in it. Plus keeping it clean. It doesn't matter now I'm at the end of my career.
I've always had a take home car. I couldn't imagine having to get a different car each day. It's bad enough when mine has to go in for repairs or something and I have to borrow someone's car.

All the stuff I have in here... no way I could move it all around every day. I guess I would just have to get rid of a lot of stuff. Do you have issued patrol rifles and/or shotguns, or do you just check one out each day, or does it stay in the car?

Not to mention it's so nice to start and end my shift in my driveway. :)

So far I've been through a '94 ford explorer (hated it), '04 crown vic, '09 crown vic, '06 charger and now my '12 charger. I got the '06 used, it was a supervisor's car and had 50K on it. Still a trade up from the vic though. Both chargers are hemi's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Shotguns are in the cars. Patrol rifles are signed out everyday along with AED's, pre screening devices, tint meters and portables. If you have seniority you usually get the same car everyday but you are sharing it with someone from the other two shifts. If the guy from the previous shift is still on a call then you will have to take some other unit. So you might keep your car clean but the guy on the other shift is a slob, it can cause some issues.

We've had Crown Vic's for as long as I can remember. Before that it was the Chevy Caprice which is what we are going back to. We used to have Dodge Diplomats when I first started.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Diplomats were being phased out when I started. Never even sat in one. I'm not a big fan of the crown vic, but I'll take them over an Impala any day.

There is one corner on the highway here that has a bump in it. I couldn't take that corner any faster than 90 in my crown vic without being tossed into the other lane. I can take the same corner at 120 in my charger and barely feel it.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
That's great, I've been trolling for a while, wishing I could do some of the mods I've seen here. While I have installed XM (not an option on police packages, dumb..) and an aftermarket Bluetooth because it wasn't ordered with hands free, I don't think my boss would approve of some of the cooler mods. lol
So thats what I c LEOs looking at and I thought they were running someones info!
maybe just setting up a playlist for the small chance of pursuit when he turns on his lights?
lol jk!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome to the CF!!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts