Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well 2day on my lunch break i had to go and deliver a dual channel wide band kit for a good customer of mines and well i hit up 95 and exit off on international speedway and get behind an FHP patrol car. not speeding or anything but he was going 40mph in a 50, so i get in the lane next to him to pass him up as i was in a hurry and that lane just happened to have some construction going on up ahead and was closing off in about 1000ft away. so he is right beside me, still doing like 40mph, so i stupidly step on the gas to vear over back into his lane so i could avoid the construction merging cones, but then i split second said no dont do that and hit my brakes so he could go first and thus then me behind him... well........ i guess that sparked his interest and he immediatly slowed down and got behind me and hit the blues on me... gets out with the quickness with gun drawn and i guess he thought i was hiding something or whatever from his reactions... well he sees im no danger and that im in my fatigues and then comments on my car and asks why i had no seatbelt on... im stumped at this point because he basically was actually doing a felony stop in his ways with his gun drawn. im stumped and say to myself all this over something so little that i did, i think he thought i saw him and then was trying to e-lood him or something.. but whatever, i did nothing wrong... and to think about it i was being courteous by trying to let him go by first.. anyway so he sees im alright dude afterall, and not some drug runner or whatever he first thought, and then ran my credentials and all that all while he hands me a ticket for no seatbelt.. ok fine whatever i think, until i see the fine=====i kid you not $101.00.... WTF??????? he then says, thats why i pulled you over and i was gonna write you up for speeding as well as attempting to cut me off.. well i wasnt speeding as he was under the posted limit and i didnt cut him off as i decided at the last minute to let him go by first... he then proceeds to tell me that loves me car and not to put my trust in other drivers and to wear my belt just incase someone hits me and that he is now allowed under state law to stop anyone just for not wearing their belts if seen... well my windows are tinted and im sure he didnt see me not wearing mine but it is what it is.... i did hear something along those lines a few weeks back about the seatbelt allowed as a reason to stop someone, since my wifey is a lead paramedic with her own ambulance and works with fellow officers all day and they all know me pretty well for tricking out their personal cars and well my not so straight past coming up after moving here when i was younger.. but i didnt know the fine was over 100bucks now.. sheeeeeiiit back in the day the last time i got a seatbelt ticket it was like 35bucks or something... and im mad because i wasnt even on the highway and this was an FHP officer that got me.. if it was a city cop im sure they would let me slide by considering i know a lot of them, from work and from other things id rather not get into on a public forum, but anyway my rant of the day is over-----but seriously, WTF? are you serious $101.00????? thats reddikkk

edit---and the oddest thing about it all was the actual ticket... like he wasnt even prepared to write citations... i mean most tickets come out of a ticket book with carbon copies and usually yellow... my ticket is the size of a regular sheet of paper, showing both sides of a reg yellow ticket.. like he has a copier or computer printer in his patrol car... wierd... oh well, still gonna take it traffic court and plead no contest, which usually gets a reduced fine and no points.... but who knows i may just pay the dang thing so i dont have to hassle with traffic court(which is a joke here in florida, all they want is money in teh end) but it usually takes several hours and i cant afford to miss a half days of work or i would get so behind and then have to play catch up over several days which is not worht the measly 100bucks

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
yeah indianas seat belt tickets are only 25 bucks....

·
Registered
159 Posts
an you should always let the cop go first........you gave him a reason to stop you . Just pay the ticket, lesson learned!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
an you should always let the cop go first........you gave him a reason to stop you . Just pay the ticket, lesson learned!
Screw that!!! If a cop is doing 55 on the freeway I'll pass at 65 right next to him. I also don't think seatbelts should be a law after you turn 21. No offense to the op but if your stupid enough to not wear a seat belt it's your own fault for meeting face first with your window.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Same here in PA. Makes no sense at all. Not that riding around without a seat belt is a good idea as it isn't.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
edit---and the oddest thing about it all was the actual ticket... like he wasnt even prepared to write citations... i mean most tickets come out of a ticket book with carbon copies and usually yellow... my ticket is the size of a regular sheet of paper, showing both sides of a reg yellow ticket.. like he has a copier or computer printer in his patrol car..
Have you never watched SPEEDERS on TV? FHP officers DO have citation printers in their patrol cars. This prevents any mistakes between the license and registration that the officer runs and then makes it to the citation. This prevents tickets getting tossed on technicalities or poor handwriting. Just an FYI

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Dam....yea the seatbelt fine was raised to $100 just 2 weeks ago..........I love when they pull me over for "no seatbelt", but then say "my tints to dark".......do they have x-ray vision to see through my super dark windows? lol

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Just passed a law in Arkansas where you can be pulled over for no seatbelt, only a matter of time before I get a tint ticket...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Dam....yea the seatbelt fine was raised to $100 just 2 weeks ago..........I love when they pull me over for "no seatbelt", but then say "my tints to dark".......do they have x-ray vision to see through my super dark windows? lol

lmao... the same thing happened to me and I asked the cop how did he see me with out a seat belt on if he cant see thro my windows:slap:... he just walked back to his car and wrote me a ticket...what an ass :biggrinjester: lol

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i never pass a cop regardless if he is going less than the speed limit or not.....

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i never pass a cop regardless if he is going less than the speed limit or not.....
And why not?

I pass cops ALOT I'm tge one car in the bunch that says F this and keeps doing 65-70. Just because he wants to do 10 mph under dosent mean I do

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I'll pass occasionally but only if the situation calls for it. If it is 5 mph maybe not. 10? Probably and even then very respectfully.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
One time i was behind a new white impala so i decided to pass luckily i didnt stomp on it that hard because as i was creeping up on the side i noticed its a cop OH SNAP! Then i slowed down and it was the most awkward drive, i stayed right next to him the whole time lol I thought all police cars had to have at least something on the back.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
No. When I was a teenager there was an unmarked black impala in my area always sitting in speed traps that we had to watch for.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
In Cali every unmarked has "CA EXEMPT" above the plate # so I read plates as I pass on the freeway. 90% of the time it's a city/county car but sometimes it's a cop. I'll check the plates then look for a cage

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i guess maybe he could have just been trying to make an example out of me from it being the new thing that passed lately making it plausible enough to warrant a stop in itself without any other reason. and it also be over doubled in price for thee offense. i bet hey even made it a moving violation meanign points added.. great!!! pretty ghey if you ask me, sure i dont wear my belt at all times and this was short trip down teh street kinda thing. not like a roadtrip where i needed to get all snuggled in and all that with a cooler and such. actually make in town roads here are like 35-45, just this perticular section was 50mph.. only for 5miles though till you hit beahside and it also tapers down to a 2laner from a 5laner. im still kinda heated from it, but whatever life goes on. ive dealt with way worse things--just felt ranting i guess

·
Registered
80 Posts
In Texas they can pull you over for ANY violation of the traffic laws. IN fact they can arrest you (take you to jail) for all offenses including things like no license plate light, no front license plate, no seat belt. The only two exceptions are speeding within 20 mph of limit and open container.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts