Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a frickin' DODGE people! I'm sick and tired of hearing you guys complain about every damn little thing. Why doesn't it have auto headlights? Why aren't HID light standard? Why isn't there memory seats and pedals? Why don't all the windows have auto down? What about auto up windows?? And why doesn't the A/C work instantly?? ETC, ETC.

If you want every little electronic gizmo made then GET A MERCEDES! And why do you think they weigh 4500+lbs in a car?!?

The Charger is heavy enough as it is and for the price you pay it comes with plenty of features. If you want all that other crap, get a real luxury car like mercedes, bmw, audi and be prepared to pay up the nose for them!

It really brings this forum down (IMO) when all I see are a bunch of babies with nagging complaints. This car kicks so much azz and gives you so much, but all you see are the little things it doesn't have.

Rant off. :monster:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
here is the quick read of the above post:
JSA 007 said:

hehehe kidding bud...

Keep in mind though... it may be a dodge... but it aint 1970 anymore either... some of those items you can get on a chevy.... so what you saying about dodge???

hehehe

·
Registered
89 Posts
You feel better now?? LOL...Hey thanks Funky Monkey for the lesson, i had no idea of the things the new Chargers didnt have. Sounds like a short list that means NO BIG DEAL to me.

I'll take my new Daytona with [email protected] with no regrets.

It'll be my fist Dodge and im ready to change breeds soon!

·
Registered
331 Posts
JSA 007 said:
If you want every little electronic gizmo made then GET A MERCEDES! And why do you think they weigh 4500+ lbs?
In that case, thank God they left off the memory seats! That switch must weigh at least 2 ounces! :wink:

In all seriousness though, the lack of memory seats was a stupid ommision on DC's part. It's an extremely useful feature that would have added almost nothing to the cost of the car. I could give a crap about most of the other missing features, but this one would have been nice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
AGREED!!!! Especially when you have 2 drivers daily. Pain in the a$$ when you have to spend 10 mins readjusting everything.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
JSA, I agree with your sentiment - given my choice, I'd get a Charger SE with a Hemi. However, all those features you mentioned should at least be options - especially memory seats. Memory seats are to power seats what TiVo is to TV. If that makes any sense...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not sure, but if you really want all of that, doesn't the top of the line 300C come with it, it's almost the same car with all the toys for a little more money.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Agreed on the memory seats they missed that one and we should have memory on the
RT model. Overall the car is just kick ass. I really liked my power tilt and telescoping
steering wheel on my 300C that I traded in for my RT. I know the Dodge guys wanted
the Charger to be more of a muscle car than a luxury car like the 300C is. So they
intentionally left off some bells and whistles.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought the charger not to have most of those options. I almost bought a 300c but seemed over the top. The charger came out and I had to have it. At heart its a muscle car but on the inside its more then enough luxury for me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, this is a discussion forum and minor issues and wishes are included in "discussion", so I'm just going to ignore them from now on. If you want more luxury features and stuff, you'll get no sympathy from me.

Second, I can't think of a single chevy that compares to the charger or offers more features in this class. Can you get memory seats and HID lights in your 4-door cobalt or malibu?? Maybe in a Vette, but that's a different class and $20k more...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's part of the "problem". This car rides so smooth and has a mercedes transmission and nice leather interior and speakers, etc. So it really FEELS like a luxury car. But you have to try and remember that it's not one. It's a dodge and they left out many features to keep the price down and not compete directly with the 300.

As long as the HEMI's still dishing out the torque and the speakers are bumpin', I don't care about any other stuff.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
go get 'em jsa!!! i decided that the ride was too nice so i dropped it....lol now i feel like i am back in my nondropped honda...but oh so fast and still way more comfortable....i love the charger, ok going to make love to my car...see you in a little bit!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I hear the original poster loud and clear... however, given the price point of the car and the features of others at similar price points, I think most would agree that a few more little bells and whistles would have been nice if even an option. I traded a Nissan Pathfinder (same price point as my R/T) which had memory seats, auto lights, auto up AND down on both front windows, etc... at some point, much like seat belts, ABS, airbags, Power Windows, Power Locks, etc., an item that was once considered a 'luxury', becomes a standard feature... in this case, many of the little bells and whistles are standard or options on similarly priced cars from this and other brands, so we have come to expect them. Much like a Lexus owner expects certain things, or a Mercedes owner expects certain things...

even before discovering this site, when I first drove the car I immediately noticed that it was penty plush (for fear of saying luxury) but it would have been nice to have the additional features, even as an option.... take the auto-lights for example.... the switch is there, it's just a different know... it would have been cheaper for DCX to stick with one knob for both cars and offer it as standard, rather than have another part (knob) to worry about...

the flip side of all this is that I bought the car anyway because it kicks BUTT!!! it's sleak, sexy, masculine, powerful, handles well and is an excellent value overall... not to mention that it has a lot of engineering under the hood and in the overall performance of the car...

I think the original post was "what do you NOT like about your car?" The original post was (IMHO) meant almost as a joke.... because, after all, what's not to like???

I love my ride and I can see myself owning this one for a long time to come...

·
Registered
331 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
... if you really want all of that, doesn't the top of the line 300C come with it, it's almost the same car with all the toys for a little more money.
The 300C is a fantastic car, but I've never been a huge fan of its styling. The SRT-8 version is better looking than the regular one, but those are nearly impossible to come by. If I liked the way the 300 looked, I'd probably already own one simply because it does have more features than the Charger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It felt plenty luxurious to me. But then again, im not someone who needs all these little features to be content. That HEMI V8 does it for me :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is it just too much to ask for that side curtain airbag option LISTED not to be holding up my (and many others) order? I know that's a Volvo thing, but give me a break! I want the added feature, and Volvos are gay!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
JSA 007 said:
Well, this is a discussion forum and minor issues and wishes are included in "discussion", so I'm just going to ignore them from now on. If you want more luxury features and stuff, you'll get no sympathy from me.

Second, I can't think of a single chevy that compares to the charger or offers more features in this class. Can you get memory seats and HID lights in your 4-door cobalt or malibu?? Maybe in a Vette, but that's a different class and $20k more...
well seeing as how you can get memory seats on a chevy avalanche/pickup.... (similar price point as well) I dont see why they are not availible...

Remember it may be a dodge... but these dodges are comparable to the G35 and acura TL in price and performance... and those cars offer alot more options/luxuries....

If you dont want to hear about it... dont pay attention to it... but to tell people that they don't belong on this car.... well I could say the same thing about 22's, and yell at people for putting them on this "dodge".... but I choose to keep my mouth shut because my point of view of this car is different from theirs... it does not mean they are wrong.... it just they have a different outlook...

I belive you also posted about why bother with the automatic light mod.... well... keep in mind JSA... you are a young pup (like I should talk... I am only 27), and you care more about performance then conveniences... give it a few years and you will sound like the rest of us...

in the mean time... just remember, we all buy this vehicle for diffferent reasons... and just because you have a point of view as far as it... does not mean anything other then that being YOUR point of view.... some may agree, some may disagree... Just like I dont post that no one should put 22's on this car... I don't like the look... and you are destroying the cars suspension (the sidewall flex of a tire is used when the suspesion is designed) but I am not going to go tell everyone not to.. to each their own... I can respect the mods people do as far as the time, energy, and "art work" they are trying to "create" without wanting the same on mine...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts