Charger Forums banner

Which charger should i get

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made this account for when I have got my charger and I can share and swap info. But I am really having trouble picking out which year v6 I want to go with the 2010 body style I love but the 2015 body style I like as well and it having more gadgets im not sure which one that I should get. I like the 2010 because it just looks mean. And the 2010 is what I grew up on my dad had a 2010 sxt. Im trying to make mine fast but you know not like a bat out of hell fast. I know that it's really not going to beat anything other than stock v8's. the reason why I am getting a v6 in the first place is because of the insurance costs at 16. I would also like to know if i was 18 and had an rt (yes i know it some what depends on your driving record) how much it would cost aprox. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Modifying the V6 enough to make any noticeable performance difference is going to be fairly expensive and it will be money that you won't recoup when you ultimately sell the car. Potentially even more expensive than the uptick in your insurance if you just get an R/T. A quick call to your folks' insurance agent ought to tell the tale. That's how I'd pitch it to mom and pop. :)

Best,

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Go 2015+ if it's in your budget. And you're not making any V6 faster than a 5.7 without dumping several thousand dollars into it. It would probably be cheaper to just get a 5.7 R/T stock rather than pouring money into a 6 cylinder. Insurance will be higher, but still no where near what it would cost to make a V6 quicker than a 5.7.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Instead of a 2015 V6, look for a 2009+ RT. Use the money saved towards insurance, and do all your racing and foolishness at the track, or get ready to not be able to afford any car for about 5 years,
It doesn't have the nicer interior, or the 8 speed auto, but it will have the Hemi. And the writing is on the wall, V8s are on their way out. Get one while you still can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instead of a 2015 V6, look for a 2009+ RT. Use the money saved towards insurance, and do all your racing and foolishness at the track, or get ready to not be able to afford any car for about 5 years,
It doesn't have the nicer interior, or the 8 speed auto, but it will have the Hemi. And the writing is on the wall, V8s are on their way out. Get one while you still can.
agreed. it's sad to see all of the v4's and v6's dominating that market. Pretty much anymore dodge has the only powerful v8 powered car. I was thinking about a 2010 R/T they sound great and they would be pretty fun to drive. Yes I will make sure to do it on the track and not on the street. I'm not going to be something stupid like that.

·
Super Moderator
11,600 Posts
#1 most annoying question on any car related forum or group or whatever is "How much will insurance cost me?"

No one knows.

Call your insurance agent/broker.

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Anytime a yute mentions the words fast and insurance costs in one post, all I have to say is change your user name from MoPowa......Baby! to NeedMoMoneyMo......Baby!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Anytime a yute mentions the words fast and insurance costs in one post, all I have to say is change your user name from MoPowa......Baby! to NeedMoMoneyMo......Baby!
Polly want a cracker?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
"What is a yute?"

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
You guys remind me of the two old codgers on the balcony seat in the muppets. Always crabbing and bitching about something, but for the most part, funny as hell. 😂 😂

@ MP:
I would take the '15 over a Gen 1 Charger any day. I'm a bit biased, having a '14. I prefer the '11-'14 or newer over the Gen 1's ('06-'10). The '15 has the 8 speed trans, and the MUCH better 3.6L V6, just to start. As others have said, be sure to check with your insurance folks before you buy. My R/T runs us $700ish a year for full coverage, but we also insure 4 cars, and it is not my daily driver.

Don

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
"I'm sorry your honor,..y o u t h s.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
That's a great movie.

Reactions: Paladin and N8ECH

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Polly want yo momma’s sweets lol...
Did you even read the post I quoted, genius? It was a word-for-word copy and paste from the post above it, and was subsequently deleted lol...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you even read the post I quoted, genius? It was a word-for-word copy and paste from the post above it, and was subsequently deleted lol...
I did... and? I can’t remember where it was I saw it but what I replied to you was from a movie or comedy clip from that specific Polly quote. I hope you weren’t offended

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Scary Movie 2

1 - 20 of 31 Posts