Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey who has suicide in there charger I want to buy some to my v6 charger cause the v6 is not that power full so Im tring to make it smooth and luxury, Is it hard to make it suicide theres a $399 suicide door kit but I dont know which to buy I know a place that can install them but I want to see how it looks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have not seen anyone on this forum post pics of their vehicle with suicide rear doors but I know it can be done and have seen pics else where. As far as ease of instal, I can tell you right now its not gonna be easy, AT ALL. Probably a lot of welding and fabrication to put the brackets on and make everything work properly. Check around cardomain, I know there are some over there with them installed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
PappaDoc on LXForums has suicide doors on his 300. You should look his car up. It's pretty slick.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
There is a sick black charger on here with suicide doors and all kinda of mods done. Its a serious car show car. It is outstanding. I pm'd him once to ask how much it all was. He did everything as a huge package, and his guestimate for the doors was over 2K as I recall. Its been a month. Sorry that I dont remember his name.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
No those are lambo doors... Suicide door open the opposite as normal doors. Handle in on the left and the hinge is on the right

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yea I have been wanting to get the suicide doors also but I never found out how much it would cost. Then I just sort of forgot all about them, since I started doing other mods. But now that you bring it up I think I will put them back on my to do list.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
if you do suicide doors i would suggest having the rear handles shaved because they will have to do it anyway as to relocate the handle to the other side of the door it'll save a few bucks anyway

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If was to do it I would shave all the door handles, front and back to slick it up and install those door poppers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Like this:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
man that looks nice

·
Registered
17 Posts
check out this show car
http://www.streetdreamsbyross.com/sui_inst_XLG_300M.php

I pick up my charger this weekend (hopefully) and after adding rims n nav, my rear doors will kill themselves

question... some1 mentioned that being that its a v6 itll be okay... wat if the car has a hemi???? will the suicide doors be affected by that sumhow?

oh yeah... im a newb when it comes to working on cars.. but suicide doors seems like something that should be professionally installed... if only so theres a finger to point if sumthing goes wrong... my $0.02

·
Registered
789 Posts
Still want those. What'll it cost around $1500-2k?

·
Registered
263 Posts
but suicide doors seems like something that should be professionally installed... if only so theres a finger to point if sumthing goes wrong... my $0.02
Without question, you should have someone professionally install those. Not sure why they even have instructions. Notice the location of the door handles on the example picture I posted. They're not in the same place. At the very least, you'll need them moved, if not REmoved. That's major body shop work.

Look for a specialty shop that does this type of stuff to cars on a regular basis. Definitely not a do-it-yourself project, unless you're REALLY good with this stuff.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
hey, the body shops need instructions too! :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah...good point. :)

I'd probably be more inclined to find a place that's done the install before, though...though to be the first would be pretty cool, too...it would make me nervous, though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts