Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That car will be rebuilt. Good thing it is being sold with a salvage title. A good rebuilder could make that look like nothing ever happened. With all new parts an expert would find evedence of repair but if the rear body section is replaced with a salvage assembly (the right way) it would be real hard. If I were a rebuilder I'd snatch that thing up and hold it untill I found a rear section.
At least it's a SXT

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Let me tell you all somthing...This makes me feel really good that I bought my R/T as a family car for my 2 young ones. Look at that passanger compartment...No damage. That is awsome. Sorry for the person that lost this SXT but man I would have paid to see photo's like this.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me tell you all somthing...This makes me feel really good that I bought my R/T as a family car for my 2 young ones. Look at that passanger compartment...No damage.
AMEN brother!!!!

First thing I did was show this to my wife. That car took a HUGE impact and stayed intact! :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
That's amazing! My wife and I looked at the pictures, too, and considering how much impact there must have been the rest of the car appears to be in great shape.

Good thing it wasn't a side-impact since they couldn't possibly have had the Protection Group side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
370 Posts
wow thats one heck of an impact.

Hat's off to DCX....

-Potsie

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i am with on this one all the way....first thing i thought when i saw the picture..."look at the cabin!" that is remarkable that with the force it took to mash that backend that there doesn't appear to be any cabin intrusion.....i also have kids in the back and one is 2 so this makes me happy and sad....happy the car is so well put together and sad that a charger is down - "we have a charger down, i repeat - a charger down!"

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow

That's some crumple zone huh. I wonder how fast the other car was really going when it smacked that charger? Could it of been just a mild to moderate smack but the crumple zone just crumples big time?

Someone should e-mail or call the dealer to find out how fast the other car was going when the crash happen.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Nah, thats not a moderate smack. When we say crumple zone, it attenuates the energy as it crumples, lotta energy was soaked up doing that amount of damage.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just can't imagine just how pi$$ed I would be if this happend to me.... My first reaction would be to KICK the other drivers A$$. Blood pressure would be so high it would be heart attack on the spot.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd be pissed.. not even 500 miles on it :sad: But when looking at all the pics i first wondered why a salvage title, then I saw the rear end and wondered how the rest of the car looked so good.

edward

·
Registered
55 Posts
Y'know...reading that listing, I got a thought. The advertiser says that they tried to charge the battery and it won't hold a charge, and apparently that's why it won't start. I'm wondering if maybe the thing's got a fuel cutoff safety switch, a la Ford, that they haven't thought of...that and the fact the gas tank is most likely a mess and might'a leaked out all the go-juice...

You're right...it is a damn shame. I'd be interested to see "the rest of the story" on that car...hopefully somebody'll take it home...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
marauder307 said:
Y'know...reading that listing, I got a thought. The advertiser says that they tried to charge the battery and it won't hold a charge, and apparently that's why it won't start. I'm wondering if maybe the thing's got a fuel cutoff safety switch, a la Ford, that they haven't thought of...that and the fact the gas tank is most likely a mess and might'a leaked out all the go-juice...

You're right...it is a damn shame. I'd be interested to see "the rest of the story" on that car...hopefully somebody'll take it home...
I do not see how they can charge the battery. That thing would have been crushed the battery is in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ya know, my mind wander over that point, then, like me, it kinda just wandeed aimlessly off:) Now that I focus, this guy must hooked a charger to the terminals in under the hood,, let it go a while, not knowing the wires were chopped up. :)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Ya know, my mind wander over that point, then, like me, it kinda just wandeed aimlessly off:) Now that I focus, this guy must hooked a charger to the terminals in under the hood,, let it go a while, not knowing the wires were chopped up. :)
Thats probly when he took pics of the dash to show the miles on the car, otherwise it shouldn't light up if the battery is trashed....

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of the first things I did when I got my Charger home was scratch my head and go "Where in the heck is the battery?" Ended up finding it in the trunk and being amazed at how large it was. I chuckled to myself when they said they couldn't get the battery to keep a charge, they probably mistook the fuse box for the battery is all I could think. I don't see how the battery could have ever survived that crash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts