Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a real window louver on my 07 Charger recently, it is fine when it drives under 65 mph but after that the vibrations get soo loud you want to pull over to make sure it is got going to fly off on you. I know that you could lower the noise of the vibrations with some foam pads, but does anyone know how to remove the vibration all together? i do not want it flying off when i cant hear it.

This is the Aluminum Louvers, not ABS plastic. and the vibrations are mostly from the sheet metal flexing between the side of the louvers and the bar in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I would bet if you change the aerodynamic of thr roof line it would solve that issue.. Maybe a all rear window spoiler mounted just ahead of thr louver... You could paint it flat black to match

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
My louvers did that on my '12 right around the 65-70 range. I tweaked them a bit when I put them on my '14 and there's no vibration at any speed. You need to slightly adjust the placement of your mounting pads or open up the mounting holes in the louvers a little. Yeah I know, easier said than done, but worth it. I haven't found a speed yet where I've got vibration now.

Before you tighten all the nuts, the louvers should be resting loosely. No binding between any of the studs, window "rails", or anything else. As you tighten the nuts down, make sure you don't flex the position of the louvers causing them to bind at all. They CAN be adjusted so there's no vibration, it just takes some effort. Good luck.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with shots. I had the same problem and just readjusted the louvers and it was good. On a side note what are these louvers rated at for speed? I did the installation application to the letter with all of the 3M products and I even put liquid nails sealant around the plates but that horrible image of them flying of keeps haunting me. I've had it up to 120MPH so far and they seemed solid but I'm just curious what they're rated at.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
No idea if they have an official speed rating or not. I don't take my car to the track, so I never gave them much thought for anything over about 70. You could probably email the mfg to find out though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts