Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I had to today replace my entire driver side door on my 08 SRT due to an unfortunate accident a while back. The mounting went without issue, however the door is not from an srt and does not come with keyless entry. After mounting it and running out of daylight I decided to finish the electronics tomorrow. However the car will now not start. Upon further examination the wire harness and plugs are not the same. Could this be why it won't start? My plan is to completely remove it tomorrow and replace it with my srt harness and keyless entry. But could this issue be due to something else?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hello all!

I had to today replace my entire driver side door on my 08 SRT due to an unfortunate accident a while back. The mounting went without issue, however the door is not from an srt and does not come with keyless entry. After mounting it and running out of daylight I decided to finish the electronics tomorrow. However the car will now not start. Upon further examination the wire harness and plugs are not the same. Could this be why it won't start? My plan is to completely remove it tomorrow and replace it with my srt harness and keyless entry. But could this issue be due to something else?

Thanks in advance!
Without the electronics connected properly, the car anti-theft system probably thinks it's being broken into and has likely disabled the ignition system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So changing the wire harness to the original and adding the original keyless entry should be the solution?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts