Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the back window on the Chargers can be hard to tint. After 2x, I still have what they call peanuts or large bubbles that come off the heater lines. I have to call the shop about getting this fixed again. Let me know if he you had the same issue and what solution was. Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've read that the back window on the Chargers can be hard to tint. After 2x, I still have what they call peanuts or large bubbles that come off the heater lines. I have to call the shop about getting this fixed again. Let me know if he you had the same issue and what solution was. Thanks
I had my car tinted by the Mercedes dealer as the Dodge dealer doesn’t have a tinter.
The same guy has tinted all my cars and they gave me a Mercedes loaner for the day.
Back window came out fine !!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had my car tinted by the Mercedes dealer as the Dodge dealer doesn’t have a tinter.
The same guy has tinted all my cars and they gave me a Mercedes loaner for the day.
Back window came out fine !!!
However cleaning it is a real PIA 😱

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I've had both Chargers tinted on the rear window without any issue. Who's doing the install? Any professional installer should be able to get it done flawlessly. Defroster lines aren't anything new, so not sure where the trouble lies.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had my windows tinted with zero issues. It may depend on what brand tinting your installer used.

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. The tint is Prime XR nano ceramic. Tint installer in Chicago area. I dont want to get into who it is at this time.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The tint is Prime XR nano ceramic. Tint installer in Chicago area. I dont want to get into who it is at this time.
If you're having issues, go somewhere else. I've never heard of tinting the rear window of a Charger being any sort of difficult task.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Interesting. The person that did my tint also mentioned that the Charger rear windows can be challenging - although I think he said it was because of the size and shape rather than the defroster lines. He had to do it twice for mine as well, and I can still see some bubbles that haven't gone away after months. FWIW, he used ASWF brand ceramic tint.

I haven't worked with this tinter before - it was someone my detailer brought in because I wanted to have the detailing and tint done at the same time. So, I have no idea as to whether they typically do a great job or not, but my detailer agreed to make it right whenever I'm able to bring the car back in. Unfortunately, he's back home in CA, and me and the car are in NJ at the moment so it might be a while.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
753 Posts
Sorry your having issues. Chicago has a very good tint shop, they also have a Youtube channel. Might want to check them out.
ChicagoAutoPros

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
753 Posts
You should never have any fear of getting into who is doing your work. If they are a good shop, they will make it right. They don't want to have bad customer relationships especially with places like this to spread the word.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The only concern with the back window is the wide frit at the top and narrower frit on the sides and bottom. Dont tint over that part and there shouldn't be any issues. The defroster elements and 3rd brake light should not be an issue if you have a good installer and quality film. Especially if the old film needs to be removed to install new film.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts