Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,
im having another issue with my car. nothing major and i love this car, only for the darn complicated electronics. my fob key was working fine until the cold came in. i noticed the fob unlock/lock control worked whenever it felt like it. and would beep repeatedly when i didn't press it. so i took it to the dealership and they wanted to replace the entire system that communicated with the key. after opening up my key at home i noticed the little metal circles that are between the computer part of the fob and the plastic your fingers touch, they were out of place and just floating around. I adjusted them and the fob worked for about 10 minutes before messing up again. how can i get this fixed?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Hey Y'all,
im having another issue with my car. nothing major and i love this car, only for the darn complicated electronics. my fob key was working fine until the cold came in. i noticed the fob unlock/lock control worked whenever it felt like it. and would beep repeatedly when i didn't press it. so i took it to the dealership and they wanted to replace the entire system that communicated with the key. after opening up my key at home i noticed the little metal circles that are between the computer part of the fob and the plastic your fingers touch, they were out of place and just floating around. I adjusted them and the fob worked for about 10 minutes before messing up again. how can i get this fixed?
Have you tried replacing the battery in it? Power has a lot to do with electronics that screw up. I am talking in the fob and not the car.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Brian, new battery and all. its those little metal circles that keep falling around. is it possible to just superglue it to the spot its supposed to be on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts