Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to how many of you drive your srt everyday.. mine is a part time daily driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yes, 24/7/365.

8 years and 102k miles in all types of weather.

I bought it to drive it. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
If I get one when my lease is over on my Dart, it's going to be my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
112000 miles on my 06, and she has been my daily driver sinece I bought it three years ago. She is meant to be driven, not a garage queen

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
223,000 miles

hundreds of races

dozens of snow storms

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yes......every SRT I have ever had has been my daily.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, even though my wife uses mine to drive most days, while I take the bike. Up until this last year or so, it was my daily driver, over 175K since Aug 2006. Still makes me grin like a fool.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Yep, daily. Love driving it. 30-miles round trip to/from work plus evening "stuff". 42,000 on the clock and counting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
30 km each way to work, 6 or 7 days a week. Lots of room for groceries, different color halos every day. She gets parked for the winter tho, because Alberta winters will eat her alive

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
No mine is not a daily driver. It was and then we got the wife a new car and I took her 2004 Sebring that I drive through the week now. I generally drive the Super Bee on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I cant wait to try out the Eagle F1's in the snow here in Nebraska..........

Just kidding..;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Can't believe the other two Philly area posters on this thread's mileage! It shows these cars can take it! I can't even imagine how they do it in our snow. My Dart can, but, my Bee?

That being said, I bought mine on 2-3-07, and she now has about 23,800 on her. A weekender, basically to local shows, out to Carlisle (next week) and occasionally to work if the Dart is in for service.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I bought my car new in 2007 and it is my daily driver. I put in heads/cam about 4 years later. Now I am looking at a supercharger and I still intend to daily drive it. For the last few years I've been working close to my home so I've only got 55k miles on her.

·
Registered
745 Posts
57,000 miles here and yes it's my DD in every kind of weather.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
57,000 miles here and yes it's my DD in every kind of weather.
Yup, unless the snow is higher than the front end, then I'm taking her.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yup, unless the snow is higher than the front end, then I'm taking her.
Yeah, when the snow gets deeper than the front airdam it becomes a very effective plow. :grin:

That's the only think that keeps me from driving in more than 6" of snow. I don't want to pile up the snow in front and damage the fascia.

Generally, as long as the plows have knocked it down I can drive on it without a problem. I have gone 5 miles through 8" of unplowed snow but it was the light fluffy kind so it didn't build up too bad.

Heavy RWD vehicle with traction and stability control...beats the hell out of the early 70's cars that I learned to drive in the snow with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Daily Smiles

Daily driver for sure except for snow days when the F1s didn't stand a chance. Felt bad to be racking up the miles with a 2 of 2 car but like it too much to leave it sitting in the garage. I have 23K on my 2013 - with lots of smiles per gallon. Life is a short journey - driving an SRT every day seems like a bonus to me.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yeah, when the snow gets deeper than the front airdam it becomes a very effective plow. :grin:

That's the only think that keeps me from driving in more than 6" of snow. I don't want to pile up the snow in front and damage the fascia.

Generally, as long as the plows have knocked it down I can drive on it without a problem. I have gone 5 miles through 8" of unplowed snow but it was the light fluffy kind so it didn't build up too bad.

Heavy RWD vehicle with traction and stability control...beats the hell out of the early 70's cars that I learned to drive in the snow with.
Me too, but even with traction control, I don't know how you do it! My Grand Marquis (07) would barely move 5 ft with just an inch on the ground. Hence my Dart.....!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Life is a short journey - driving an SRT every day seems like a bonus to me.
I feel the exact same way. Every minute I spend in my car I'm like "hell yes I'm in an SRT" ...28000km later. I seem to have a 6th sense for when people are checking out my ride

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Me too, but even with traction control, I don't know how you do it! My Grand Marquis (07) would barely move 5 ft with just an inch on the ground. Hence my Dart.....!
It's a learned skill I suppose, but I've never had any issues driving this car in the snow. Go slow and feel the traction. "Surfing the inertia" is my best description. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts