Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's I have a RER mygig and and I want to update it with the latest update but...I've had it for about year & half now..I got it off ebay in new condition and seller stated that he hacked it and i will be able watch DVD's and use my Navi while driving...Great....it still works great w/NO PROBLEMS....But I'm afraid if I update the software with the latest one I might lose my cool opitions...

I'am sure I'm not the only one on this forum with a hacked RER mygig...:confused:

Also I do not know the software name that the guy used on it.

Thanks guys :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Not sure how he Hacked it without using a lockpic and such. Wish we new cause I'd like to do it as well. you can go to http://mofv.com/mygig/ for the update. What version is on the mygig now, older versions of software had a button combo that would allow this feature. Yes if he hacked the software the new version may overide what he has done. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Just like some hacked electronics, besides radios....typically upgrading the hacked software to a "legit" update will wipe out the hack. You will prob be able to update it and then have to go back and hack it. Before you update, make sure there is a hack for the newest version.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
your "hack" will be gone..........I would really like to update mine but cant because then my clock wont show the correct time (pre 08 install probem)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i think you will lose the hack.
by the way do you know how the first owner hack it ??
Sorry...I dont know. thanks for all your input guy's...:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
yeap, probably you will loose the "hack" stuff, but if you still wanted those features, you don´t need a "program" to work...

exists a device, that is connected between the the harness and the stereo, it can aloud to see dvds while you are driving and, if you had a camera, turn on the camere while you drive the car...

let me see if can find this stuff for you at the net :D

good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
I have a Mygig RER and for whatever reason it will not keep maintain the Sat Presets and my music that I uploaded to the HD is gone. My AM/FM Presets are fine, and I had 2-3 pictures that I uploaded which are still there. GPS and Uconnect are fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts