Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"However, be sure to do the Superchip Mod first if you want to gain anything from your Mods. Even though you will increase your HP from a CAI or Exhaust Mod, you will only have it for a coule of days, as your Computer will De-Tune your car to the original HP... "

This was a claim made on a yahoo mopar board by someone w/a Magnum...the discussion was on CAIs and other mods...is there any truth in it??

·
Registered
338 Posts
"However, be sure to do the Superchip Mod first if you want to gain anything from your Mods. Even though you will increase your HP from a CAI or Exhaust Mod, you will only have it for a coule of days, as your Computer will De-Tune your car to the original HP... "

This was a claim made on a yahoo mopar board by someone w/a Magnum...the discussion was on CAIs and other mods...is there any truth in it??
I might call BS on that one. Isn't the general consensus on the board that it takes the computer a few days to learn how to deal with the upgrades? Doesn't seem logical to me that you could add a CAI or an exhaust and have a benefit for two days then be back to stock again.

·
Registered
743 Posts
1) the superchips does NOT tune for CAI, exhaust or anything aftermarket... Just the STOCK parts.

2) the Engine learns how to run with the stock setup too. It does some basic tuning to get efficiency and emissions in line. After market parts will affect this, but over time some of the benefits might be reduced/lost (still wont be the 'SAME' as stock)...

In any event, you can pull fuse 11 or the battery cable and reset all that learning.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phew!! I feel better!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
most people i've heard about claim that once HAL learns how to use the new mod (cat back or cai or w/e) they generally see more gains then when they first put it on. that guy has no clue what hes talking about

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The superchips is designed for stock or mildly modified vehicles. I think you will gain about as much with you other mods with or without the SC. Typically mods that you wont gain as much from with out tunning are longtube headers, heads/cam, superchargers/turbochargers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts