Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 2010 SXT from the dealer. I heard the tick on initial start up and sure enough it went away when warm. I've been driving it for a few days now, but this morning it was below freezing outside 29*f and this is what it sounded like at start up and after about 20 mins of being warmed up it pretty much went away. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or whether or not this is something I need to address with the dealership.
Thanks for the help. first One is at start up and second one is 20 mins after warmed up.
http://s730.photobucket.com/user/LKWTSI/media/IMG_0277.mp4.html
http://s730.photobucket.com/user/LKWTSI/media/IMG_0280.mp4.html

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Typically when you hear that sound, one of the lifters has gotten stuck and is allowing clearance between the cam and the lifter itself. Oil can get sticky and gummy in the passages and cause this to happen. As the engine warms up, the gum and potential varnish gets soft and the hot oil causes it to release and pump up....closing the gap and having it be quiet again.

It would appear that you don't have enough detergency in the oil you have to keep this kind of thing from happening.

Oils today do not have what they used to have as they are trying for economy and emissions.

We make higher detergency and special blend QuantumBlue. We have made it for many 3.5L V6 SOHC engines....including my 3.5L HO 2000 300M.

People have had very good performance in all temperatures and it has eliminated the sticky lifter issues.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 370 Hemi, would you just recommend a good oil change with better viscosity oil, for the colder temps and wait and see how the warmer months are? or should I address it with the dealership? I'm new to the Charger and have heard horror stories about these things going bad. I'd like to nip it in the bud, while it's still got Factory Warranty or just accept the colder temps.

Thanks for the advice.:bigthumb:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
So 370 Hemi, would you just recommend a good oil change with better viscosity oil, for the colder temps and wait and see how the warmer months are? or should I address it with the dealership? I'm new to the Charger and have heard horror stories about these things going bad. I'd like to nip it in the bud, while it's still got Factory Warranty or just accept the colder temps.

Thanks for the advice.:bigthumb:
Your welcome! We have just now over 9,000 customers that are using our products in everything from 2.7L to 6.4L and Vipers. We bypass the cheap quality off the shelf materials to give you a much better material to address your issues.

If you want, give me a call and we can discuss what you are doing and what makes the best sense. I agree that you want to address this and not allow it to continue!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts