Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a bottle of FI cleaner in my trunk. My girl wanted to use my car so I told her to get gas and dump the FI cleaner in right befor the fill. She put it in first then drove to the gas station (few miles) on almost empty.???

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's bad that you let her use your car, And yes it is bad that you gave it to her on empty.

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Honestly though, if the car was filled up soon after and it hasn't stalled or thrown a code, I think you're probably safe. Afterall, I think the main ingredient in those cleaners is petroleum distillates-fuel.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Honestly though, if the car was filled up soon after and it hasn't stalled or thrown a code, I think you're probably safe. Afterall, I think the main ingredient in those cleaners is petroleum distillates-fuel.
I would say you are fine. Not a good habit to get into though. Most of the off the store shelf additives have ethyl-benzene, oxylnitrate, and napthalene in it.

Low BTU materials. Next time ACES IV maybe.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would say you are fine. Not a good habit to get into though. Most of the off the store shelf additives have ethyl-benzene, oxylnitrate, and napthalene in it.

Low BTU materials. Next time ACES IV maybe.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:
I was hoping you would chime in here HEMI

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Jeez, he's quick! :laugh:

To the OP- you get about 20+ mpg? Was the gas station less than 20 miles from your house? I wouldn't worry about it at all! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts