Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my white charger on Monday. Tuesaday we had a light sprinkle so my car had a light dirty mist that had dried on it. Wednesday I used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer spray and did the whole car with it?

I didnt scrub with the detail spray just sprayed alot on and took it off with sevral micro fiber towel. Normally I would not use this stuff on the whole car inless I just cleaned her.

Please share your insight.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
detail purists will chime in for sure, but after 2 yrs of doing the same with this car...and another 22 yrs before on other cars....you are fine. Use good detailing wax and microfibre you'll be okay.

Of course...within good sense of light dirt vs. moderate soiled car.

btw...might have to go do mine now that you made me think of it. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
detail purists will chime in for sure, but after 2 yrs of doing the same with this car...and another 22 yrs before on other cars....you are fine. Use good detailing wax and microfibre you'll be okay.

x2

I also use spray detailer in between washes. I now use driwash which is basically a spray detailer on steroids. I haven't used a bucket and a sponge in a while and my car looks awesome.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I do the same after it rains. I use Adam's Detail Spray and one of their Super plush microfiber cloths.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I do a California Duster first, then a detailer with microfiber after that. On a cool car of course. Now if it is really dirty, then you should wash it. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Done my whole car like that plenty of times, usually its me trying to get one spot and then just going overboard. Sometimes I am going somewhere for a long time and its raining but I don't want to leave it dirty so thats pretty much the only way to "wash" my car in the garage.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts

x 3 :yes:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just rinse mine off again with RO water and let it air dry.
and how do you get Reverse Osmosis water in enough quantity to rinse a car?? are you sure you dont mean de-ionized water like the spotless rinse at carwashes.

even the most expensive RO unit i have seen only produces like 20 gal/day, when i had reef tanks i would use RO water.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have used Meguiar's Quick Detailer hundreds of times now and it doesn't hurt anything.
Same here. It's nice cause I can do it while on break at work. I've found I can do the whole car including wheels and glass in about an hour. Plus it leaves a hell of a shine.
-J

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
The more you touch your car with anything the higher chance for scratches.That is why spray only car washes are good.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I am a zaino wash and wax man myself, dri wash just makes me think of rubbing sand paper over your car. It is just a mental thing on my part I guess.

·
Registered
105 Posts
... dri wash just makes me think of rubbing sand paper over your car. It is just a mental thing on my part I guess.
Have you ever used a claybar on your car? Does that make you think of the same thing - because essentially it is - you're taking all of the surface grime, and picking it up with the bar, with lubrication between. DW&G has many lubricants, emulsifiers, and wetting agents that essentially protect your finish from the dirt...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Where I live (monterrey Mexico) is a very dusty place... you wash your car and within hours its all dirty again!!!!
I LOVE DRIWASH!!! ITS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER BOUGHT FOR MY CAR!!! EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENT RESULTS EXCELLENT EVERYTHING!!!!
I dont know how or why but my car is starting to need less washing after I started using driwash! Its like the dust just wont stick to your car!!!!

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DRIWASH!!!
BTW, Im up for a new order of driwash!!! :D I just ran out of juice!
:S

1 - 18 of 18 Posts