Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to buy a new 2007 dodge charger RT, the sticker price on this car is 34,290. If i could get this car "out the door" the same price as sticker, is that a good deal. I am asking to those who have purchased an charge RT before, thank you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Trying to buy a new 2007 dodge charger RT, the sticker price on this car is 34,290. If i could get this car "out the door" the same price as sticker, is that a good deal. I am asking to those who have purchased an charge RT before, thank you.
Considering they're probably looking to get rid of the 07s in preperation for the 08s, I'd say that they're probably looking to make a quick sale. You SHOULD be able to get it out the door for a few grand LESS than the sticker price. Haggle the price down to what you want to pay (including TTL), then shrug it off and try to walk away, its almost guaranteed he wont let you leave.. he'll either counter-offer you, or meet your price. Id say paying sticker (out the door) would be over-paying.

·
Registered
191 Posts
They're on ebay and Autotrader for ~$1500 less than sticker, and isn't there a $3,500 rebate going on also? I've seen advertised prices of less than $32,000 on a $37,000 sticker...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am looking at a Black Rt with Rt package, nav, sound grp II, sunroof, evic..basically all options except the rear video. sticker price is 38,365. The out the door price they are offering me is 33,281. The only problem I am having jumping on it is I like the mygig on the 08s. Just trying to figure out if the mygig is worth it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I agree w/ GaryAllen, one question is how big is the dealership? if they are really big then for sure they want to move the inventory

·
Registered
467 Posts
i bought mine as a demo with 5k on it. 34310 sticker (invoice ~$32K), paid 28646+TTL+ daytona spoiler+year maintenance. probably could have gotten for less if I haggled more, but it was my first new car. back in may, there was a $3500 rebate, not sure if its more now. at least work them down to 'invoice' price then take the rebate off, then research for dealer holdback. Think I've read that most people try to split the holdback in half so the dealer makes some money. but they are trying to get rid of 07s so go get a good deal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can definitely get a better deal than that. I would say you should at the very least get a Charger RT out the door for about a couple of thousand dollars less than sticker price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The dealership by me in May(the last time I looked at Chargers at a dealership) had r/t's going for 23,999 after 3,000 incentive and 2,500 trade in bonus and some other discount that I can't remember. I don't know if they are doing it anymore but I'm looking to but an r/t for somewhere in this range.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think that sounds kind of high, unless it is fully loaded. I could have bought a brand new 07 that didn't have too many extras for $29,000, but instead I went for an 06 with 1,600 miles on it for $25k

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
what options does this R/T have? I have the sunroof, sound group 2, electronics convenience group, comfort seating group, security group, basically all the options except rear seat dvd and nav unit....got my daytona brand new for 31k

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got my R/T with R&T, sunroof, Sound 2, electronics pkg, bluetooth, 2 days ago. The MSRP was $37,140 and I got it for $31,402 including the rebates.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What about SXT's?.. Sticker $28,150... advertised for $24,440 or something like that.. at a minimum can get for 500 less than that, but more once a pen is broken out and a purchase agreement is drafted..

Thoughts on a good/great target price?

Thanks in advance,

JK

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am looking at a Yellow SRT8. Sticker is $45,810. He offered it to me for $39,990 after just one email. So to me that price seems high. I am going up today to see how much lower he will go.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
You can do better. Go in at the end of the month. Make them sweat.
I agree. He should easily be able to walk out the door with that car for a wee bit under $30K (including TTL).

Best,

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
anoter thing is try to wait till like the 30th to really push. u always get better deals at the end of the month the took 3800 off of mine cuz they had to ship so many cars that month so they were tryin to sell the car. if u can wait .......... wait.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i wouldnt pay over 30 for a new r/t unless it was a 2008. period. it all depends on options. but with 2008 around the corner. a fully loaded r/t is worth maybe 31-32 at best.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Has anyone bought an R/t R&T recently(like this month) that is willing to share out the door price. I am looking at a silver r&t that has a sticker of 34,600 then the 3,500 rebate brings it down to 31,100. I think I should be able to get it out the door for 28-29,000, is that fair to assume or should I go lower or am I too low? Any comments appreciated.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts