Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the market to get a Charger for quite some time. I've been looking online for quite awhile, and have gone and test driven a few. There have been some good deals, but they have been quite a ways away, and I didn't have the time to travel that far to check them out.

A newer one popped up locally, and I was going to go take a look at it tomorrow. It's a 2007 SE, with ~22,000 miles. It has the 3.5L V6 with Autostick. I'm assuming it's an SE+, because it has the 3.5L and ESP, right? Or is not necessarily a correct assumption?

The website lists the vehicle as an SE with a 3.5L engine, but then on the "Tech Specs" listing, it shows it as a 2.7L. So, I will need to verify tomorrow that it actually is a 3.5L. Is it even possible to get a 2.5L with Autostick / ESP?

Now about price - The dealership has the vehicle listed for $15,999. KBB has the vehicle listed (if it's a 3.5L) at around $17,530. Nada has it listed at around $14,250. That's a pretty big swing between Nada and KBB.

I thought about going in and starting an offer at $14,500. Does this seem reasonable? Does the dealership price seem reasonable at just under $16,000? The car looks in great condition online, and if it looks as good in person as it does online, and if the price is right, I may seriously be tempted to pick it up immediately! However, I thought it would be best to get some expert experience to weigh in on the price of the vehicle, so I have a better idea of how much I should end up paying for it.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
opps...I read it wrong, I thought you were going to offer the listed price...I would say 14.5 would be a good starting point, if its the 3.5. if its the 2.7 I wouldnt even bother with it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just for reference, dealers in my area selling the '06 SE+ @ 35k miles are asking for $12,500 (13,999 window price).

Edit: Also, when I bought my car, the KBB and Edmunds prices were both substantially higher than NADA. My car has a lot of options, and when booking the value with these three different services, NADA asked the least amount of question about what options the car had (one or two simple option questions, compared to a 20 item checklist with the other services)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for reference, dealers in my area selling the '06 SE+ @ 35k miles are asking for $12,500 (13,999 window price).

Edit: Also, when I bought my car, the KBB and Edmunds prices were both substantially higher than NADA. My car has a lot of options, and when booking the value with these three different services, NADA asked the least amount of question about what options the car had (one or two simple option questions, compared to a 20 item checklist with the other services)
Hmm. Very interesting to know. The '06 SXTs in your area seem to be selling for $1500 less than sticker price. That sounds like I should have some pretty good leeway in trying to haggle a price on the '07 SE.

When you purchased yours, did the price you pay compare better with the lower price of NADA, or was it more in line with the prices of KBB and Edmunds?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
x2. Too much car for that size engine.
Yeah, that's what I've read while reading through the forum. The engine seems to be too underpowered for the weight of the vehicle, which results in an (obviously) less fun driving experience, but also lower gas mileage due to the constant strain on the engine during stop-and-go driving.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm. Very interesting to know. The '06 SXTs in your area seem to be selling for $1500 less than sticker price. That sounds like I should have some pretty good leeway in trying to haggle a price on the '07 SE.

When you purchased yours, did the price you pay compare better with the lower price of NADA, or was it more in line with the prices of KBB and Edmunds?
My car is an SXT, the car I referenced was an SE+, in case you misread that.

The price I payed for the car was much closer (yet still under, iirc) the NADA price.

I bought the car off-lease, so the dealer I was working with actually had to find a list of cars from the Chrysler lease/fleet vehicle auction that fit my criteria to bid on. They found a couple cars, I talked over the details, we picked one, they bid, they brought it home, and then I brought it home.

Mine is a 2006 SXT 3.5L w/AutoStick with 60k miles, power seats/leather trim, premium sound, and they threw in a five-window tint job for a base price of $12,375. That's before tax, warranty, trade-ins, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts