Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard (and believe) that regular auto insurance won't cover an accident at the track. Is there anyone that offers such insurance? My concern isn't me, but rather the person in the lane next to me.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have an aunt that workes for state farm I will give her a call at a more normal hour if i dont see any definate responces to your Q. but it is true what you heard, an on track incidant is not covered

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd imagine it could be quite the money maker. I'd do it like this:

--Offer it to only "hobby" racers, no pros.

--Street legal & registered cars only.

--Annual coverage or "Per track visit" coverage.

The tracks should offer it! They could make a fortune. Say $50 per track visit for collision coverage. Heck, I'd pay $100 per visit to cover my car against a collision.

Anyways...... back to the question at hand: If anyone knows a company that offers it please post here! By internet searching I found just one in the U.S. but coverage is only in effect in the staging lanes and return lanes. NOT while traveling down the track under power.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
As long as I have been Drag Racing I have NEVER heard of any insurance while at the track. That is one of the reasons you sign the release form.

Chuck

·
Registered
212 Posts
I work for an insurance company as an agent. I don't know of ANY company that will insure you for drag racing or any speed event!

JT

·
Registered
846 Posts
what company would sell insurance when 1/2 way down the track you hit the wall and would pay to fix the car(s)? are you serious?

if you are serious, and find a good company i dont care for the 1/4 mile. i like drifting, and street racing. now that would be some GOOD insurance. maybe a little "fleeing to elude" insurance for the rare occasions i want to do a little of that!:knockout:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what company would sell insurance when 1/2 way down the track you hit the wall and would pay to fix the car(s)? are you serious?
One that would like to make money. For an average guy that likes to go to the track on occasion an accident is pretty rare but does sometimes happen.

Thanks for the links CTCRUZER!

·
Registered
642 Posts
One that would like to make money. For an average guy that likes to go to the track on occasion an accident is pretty rare but does sometimes happen.

Thanks for the links CTCRUZER!
no problem

i know there is ins for race cars (check back of national dragster)
for a street reg car maybe some issues
but im sure if you asked about it you could get (at im sure a crazy amount) a per use deal

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd have my car towed near home then dropped in a ditch before I told my insurance I was drag racing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I haven't had the Charger to the track yet but I do a lot of Track Days on my bike and as long as it is not a competion event (Track Days are considered High Performance Riding Schools) a bike is covered, at least by most insurance companies.

They might have to cover you on a "Test And Tune" night but I'm not sure how insurace companies look at it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I think it's called sponsorship :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
AFAIK, Gainscom is the only place that offers "motorsports" insurance. I have no clue if they provide 1/4 mile track insurance though.

Snellings Walters and American Collectors used to offer insurance for motorsports, but, surprise surprise, they were losing money on it and no longer offer it.

I have heard of USAA and Amica actually dropping someone for simply asking about insurance for HPDEs. AllState, State Farm, and Progressive do not have HPDE coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts