Charger Forums banner

781 - 800 of 816 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wassup with the Richmond thread??

Little dead in here....But just to let yall know i see a car show is coming up on JUNE 18th

"ANNUAL FATHER'S DAY MOPAR SHOW-sponsored by the Central Virginia Mopar Club at Whitten Brothers Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep, 900 Johnston Willis Drive. Richmond, VA 23236 from 10AM-2PM

Guy at work gave me a printout of Carshows and Cruise ins this year
dead aint the word. you goin?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Yea imma go and take my little ones...I wanna see some mopars yo
Sweet guys, hopefully I'll see you all there myself, hopefully get my old man to bring the Viper. :beerchug:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Been lurking occasionally for last few months due to being real busy with work. Back in March I contacted three Dodge dealers in the Richmond area and notified them I was interested in test driving a 2011 R/T AWD. After waiting several months with no AWDs coming into the Richmond market, I pulled the trigger last weekend and picked up a '11 R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic w/ black interior in Smithfield, NC at the Deacon Jones dealership. Traded in my '06 R/T with 87,000+ miles. It was a great car but I'm pretty impressed with the new ride so far. Hope it performs as well over time as the '06.

Couple of minor problems so far: Fix Keyless Entry message although the drivers door works as designed and I still can't figure out how to get the iPod integration to play my playlists. Both are known bugs. Otherwise big upgrade from the '06. Quieter in the cabin, lots of new gimmicks and gadgets, more comfortable seats, higher quality interior finish and still gets up and goes for WOT. Nice! Stock photo because I haven't had time to pose some pix.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
Been lurking occasionally for last few months due to being real busy with work. Back in March I contacted three Dodge dealers in the Richmond area and notified them I was interested in test driving a 2011 R/T AWD. After waiting several months with no AWDs coming into the Richmond market, I pulled the trigger last weekend and picked up a '11 R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic w/ black interior in Smithfield, NC at the Deacon Jones dealership. Traded in my '06 R/T with 87,000+ miles. It was a great car but I'm pretty impressed with the new ride so far. Hope it performs as well over time as the '06.

Couple of minor problems so far: Fix Keyless Entry message although the drivers door works as designed and I still can't figure out how to get the iPod integration to play my playlists. Both are known bugs. Otherwise big upgrade from the '06. Quieter in the cabin, lots of new gimmicks and gadgets, more comfortable seats, higher quality interior finish and still gets up and goes for WOT. Nice! Stock photo because I haven't had time to pose some pix.

Hope everyone is doing well!
congrads on the new ride man :banana:

·
Registered
78 Posts
2011 RT PLUS AWD Tungsten Metallic

The new whip after a wash. Guaranteed to rain later today now.

Discovered that the exhaust tips don't actually connect to the exhaust. There's a gap between the end of the pipe and the cutout. I guess they must have saved a couple of bucks that way....

Took it down to Chester area last night by way of Beach Rd. Noticed a very big difference in the way this car handles vs. the '06 R/T I traded. Much tighter and better feel in the wheel. Not as much body roll in the curves. Very nice driver so far. EVIC says 20mpg after about 400+ miles of "getting the feel of it". The gas mileage was at 22mpg after the 150 mile trip up I-95 from the dealer.

The trade-in is listed by the dealer in NC at $15,950 - Good car if someone is interested in a Magnesium '06 RT w/ 87,000+ miles to customize: http://bit.ly/mfj0Xx

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts

Discovered that the exhaust tips don't actually connect to the exhaust. There's a gap between the end of the pipe and the cutout. I guess they must have saved a couple of bucks that way....

Took it down to Chester area last night by way of Beach Rd. Noticed a very big difference in the way this car handles vs. the '06 R/T I traded. Much tighter and better feel in the wheel. Not as much body roll in the curves. Very nice driver so far. EVIC says 20mpg after about 400+ miles of "getting the feel of it". The gas mileage was at 22mpg after the 150 mile trip up I-95 from the dealer.

The trade-in is listed by the dealer in NC at $15,950 - Good car if someone is interested in a Magnesium '06 RT w/ 87,000+ miles to customize: http://bit.ly/mfj0Xx
sweet ride :banana:

what kind of plates you got on that sucka?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

Man that is sick! I think I've seen you a couple times, did you ever by chance go to Don Pepe off JD? :beerchug:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have certainly been down JD way but not at Don Pepe. What am I missing there? Mostly on the Powhite, 288, 95 & 64 - always heading somewhere.

Plates on the ride say "CHRGRT" which can be interpreted several ways.

I hit the car show at the River City Diner on Huguenot Rd. this past Saturday with my "other ride" and got a Top 20 trophy. They do a cruise-in there every Saturday and it might be a good place to do a M&G for the Richmond crowd.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I have certainly been down JD way but not at Don Pepe. What am I missing there? Mostly on the Powhite, 288, 95 & 64 - always heading somewhere.

Plates on the ride say "CHRGRT" which can be interpreted several ways.

I hit the car show at the River City Diner on Huguenot Rd. this past Saturday with my "other ride" and got a Top 20 trophy. They do a cruise-in there every Saturday and it might be a good place to do a M&G for the Richmond crowd.
Sweet man, never knew that River City Diner did car shows. I might have to check that out this weekend. Good looking out! :beerchug:

Now that I think about it, I don't think that was you at Don Pepe. Which by the way, some of the best Mexican food around central VA. And some bomb Margaritas that'll put you on your ass!:D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sweet man, never knew that River City Diner did car shows. I might have to check that out this weekend. Good looking out! :beerchug:

Now that I think about it, I don't think that was you at Don Pepe. Which by the way, some of the best Mexican food around central VA. And some bomb Margaritas that'll put you on your ass!:D
I gotta try out pepe...me and some co workers use to hit up don papa grande near the krogers on jeff davis

·
Registered
989 Posts
Spotted my dream car last week strolling up midlothian...A Surfblue Superbee urgh!

·
Banned
370 Posts
Traded my Charger in for a Chally about a month ago. I have some new fog light covers if anybody wants to pick them up. Still in plastic mopar parts bag. These are the covers that cover the hole when you buy a new SE.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Traded my Charger in for a Chally about a month ago. I have some new fog light covers if anybody wants to pick them up. Still in plastic mopar parts bag. These are the covers that cover the hole when you buy a new SE.
Im a chally lover now...i want one so bad but I have young kids

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
781 - 800 of 816 Posts