Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your guys opinion on this. In canada getting a regular if u wanna call it that SRT8 takes some searching but the BEE its a whole new ball game. Its super rare and very expensive about 8-10k more. I love it its just sick looking but is it worth it in your guys opinion if i can afford it to get it? Will i be kicking myself for not getting it later as with the crazy tax's here i dont wanna do a switch later its too expensive to that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Whats your guys opinion on this. In canada getting a regular if u wanna call it that SRT8 takes some searching but the BEE its a whole new ball game. Its super rare and very expensive about 8-10k more. I love it its just sick looking but is it worth it in your guys opinion if i can afford it to get it? Will i be kicking myself for not getting it later as with the crazy tax's here i dont wanna do a switch later its too expensive to that.
Your not getting any extra power, just a rare-color-package option, and if History teaches us any lessons, those are the cars that are expensive now and will be expensive 25 years down the road.

If your going to not drive it very often, make it a garage queen, I'd say go for a Superbee. If you want to drive the living piss out of it like most of us, the regular SRT will treat you just fine. :beerchug:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Simply............................................ ........YES!!!!!!!!!

:beerchug::beerchug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your not getting any extra power, just a rare-color-package option, and if History teaches us any lessons, those are the cars that are expensive now and will be expensive 25 years down the road.

If your going to not drive it very often, make it a garage queen, I'd say go for a Superbee. If you want to drive the living piss out of it like most of us, the regular SRT will treat you just fine. :beerchug:
My thoughts exactly!:beerchug:

·
Registered
65 Posts

What year Bee are you looking for? Every once in a while I look on Trader and you never see used Bee's for sale. A year or so ago I saw a few 07's but have never seen an 08 or 09.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I think it is a personal choice. The Detonator Yellow cars seems to have held their value much better than other Superbees. I would have paid an extra $5K to get a Detonator Yellow Bee myself, but I wouldn't pay that much more for either of the other Bees. B5 blue is an awesome color, but I don't think it works very well as a Bee color (not enough contrast between the blue and black). The Hemi Orange cars are cool, but not nearly as cool as the Yellow cars to me.

Of course other people prefer other colors more than me. So it is up to what you want. If you plan to keep your car less that 30 years, you will lose money paying 8-10K extra for the car. You will never make that up on the back end in the near future. Most likely it will be 40 years before you might make up that extra cost.

So really just buy what you want. But don't convince yourself that you are making a fiscally smart decision paying that much extra for the Bee. These cars are not investments unless you plan to park it for those 40 years.

Good luck!

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Bee gets attention like no other SRT8. The choice it up to you though as you really need to WANT a Superbee to stand out different from the others. I live in Des Moins Iowa and I am 1 of 2 people in the state to own a 2007 Superbee. Pretty cool.

I am thinking of selling mine. 3,000 miles and never been in the rain. Full warranty through 3/2014. Giving it away at $29,500. I know I will be sorry. Ha!
Here is a link to the beast. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110781

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/bucs012/2007 Super Bee/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quite simply, you need the Bee. If you are considering it, don't regret it six months down the line. A few extra $$$ yes, but like you say, you won't be able to afford to change your mind later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its super rare and very expensive about 8-10k more.
Rare..yes. But most buyers shouldn't/didn't have to pay a premium for them. At least not for '08s and '09s. Heck, they practically had to give away the leftover '08s and it's possible they never completed the '09 production run of 425 units. I bought mine before the rebates/employee pricing (Dec '08) and still got a $47,370 Bee for $42,900. Not such a great price now, but it sets the high end anyone should have to pay today.

With all that said, it was worth every penny to me. If you can find a Bee you like, get it...but you don't have to pay a premium...yet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
An SRT8 is and SRT8 is an SRT8.

Can't go wrong with the sticker packaged SRT8s or the sans sticker packaged SRT8s.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What year Bee are you looking for? Every once in a while I look on Trader and you never see used Bee's for sale. A year or so ago I saw a few 07's but have never seen an 08 or 09.
07 i love the look of yellow its just awesome its my current wallpaper ;o). No matter how u cut it all srt8's look great but one color i wont consider ever again is black. Its a full time job keeping it clean. I seen a black 07 in fergus for 30k with 50k miles the other day they look soo much better in person this in pics. Im liking the 07 bee soo much when i decide to buy one i would consider going out of province to get one if i have to. Im in no hurry my lease still has 2 months left so lots of time to look around.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do it, Do it Do it, and The B5 is BADA$$ color TOO. Yes The black is hard to keep clean but theres nothing like it in the sun on the brilliant Balck paint just pops

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
man i wish i had a bee :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
You might also take into consideration the interior upgrades that all of the 2008's had. The mygig is a far superior unit to the prior nav system used 2005-2007.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
For me, I would only get a Detonator Yellow Bee. The other colors are nice but that Yellow just pops!!! My Banana doesn't pop like those Bees...

Snail, what province are you in?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had so many people tell me they love the color and they see all the "regular" colors all the time. In my area there's only 1 other Bee like mine and it's still about 45 mins. away.

When I started looking I was looking for a red SRT-8, but decided that for a about $2K more I could not "look" like all the others. I found mine new about 2 hours away and I have no regrets. The only other SRT-8 I'd consider is the Hemi Orange Bee.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If I could do it all over again, I would have gone with a Super Bee.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you are looking at '07 Chargers, I think it is worth extra money. In '07 all of the LX cars except the Bee had the two-tone interior with the dark gray upper half and the light gray lower half. I hated that. The '07 Bee has an all-dark interior. So much better looking in my opinion. In '08 the LX's got the redesigned interior and they all have the all-dark panels. So if you want an '08 or '09 Charger this is not a factor.

Regarding how much extra, that is up to you. But there are two or more low mileage '07 Bees available on Ebay at any given time. The prices are not $8-10K more than other SRT-8 Chargers. You should be able to buy a really nice low mileage '07 Bee for $26K US right now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It's my understanding that back in the day, B5 Blue was the color to have. I just got lucky that it was out when I was ready to buy, but I do like it the best.

No difference between the Bee's and any other SRT8 of the same year except the paint, side Bee emblems, exterior decals, and the badge on the dash.

Get what you like, and don't compromise. :thumbsup:

EDIT: jeffaary corrected me:
Wrong. Go back and read the thread immediately before yours. He wants a 2007 Bee, and in 2007 the interior of the Bee was much different (and better looking IMO) than any other LX car, even the SRT-8 Chargers. The all-dark interior of the 2007 Bee is what made me pick it over a purple Daytona or purple SRT-8, and that shade of purple is my favorite color. I HATED the two-tone gray panels on every other LX, and the red stitching looks horrible on the purple SRT-8 Charger (sorry purple SRT Charger owners, just my opinion). The interior of the Bee is what sold me on it, and a purple Daytona would have been considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
It's my understanding that back in the day, B5 Blue was the color to have. I just got lucky that it was out when I was ready to buy, but I do like it the best.

No difference between the Bee's and any other SRT8 of the same year except the paint, side Bee emblems, exterior decals, and the badge on the dash.

Get what you like, and don't compromise. :thumbsup:
B5 blue is definitely one of the most popular classic MOPAR colors. But I don't think the modern B5 is the same color. It definitely looks different to me, but I guess I would need to see them side to side.

Just like how Plum Crazy looks different, Torred does, etc.

Torred looks the closest to the original to me.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts