Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
There is no way we can really give an accurate answer. How many miles?

Based on just your picture, I would say probably not totaled. That looks to be slightly more damage than when I hit a deer in my 392 and that was $7k in damage.

A very general idea might be I the $10k range.

At minimum will need front fascia, headlamp, fender, probably hood repair, a million plastic pieces, and then if anything was bent in such as the radiator or anything suspension related. Are those HID or Halogen housing for the headlamp? The HID housing alone with bulb is $1,000.00.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
HK:
Welcome to the forum. Unless there is major damage under the sheet metal, probably not. Most insurance companies will pay up to 80% of the current book value, to put a car back on the road. I don't see any signs of airbag deployment, which is good. Those can run the bill up quickly, at $800-$2K a pop.

Don

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
DING DING DING we might have a winner here... the first "Is my car totaled?" poster where the car probably isn't totaled!

Because it is a 2021 and presumable low miles... and used prices are so crazy this one probably gets repaired.... see if you can get diminished value payment on this one though if you policy allows.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yet another "post & ghost"? Sheesh... what is with these people? Makes me not want to help anyone with a post count under 10.
A lot of people make posts looking for people to provide answers they want to hear. When they're shown their lack of knowledge, incompetence or simply hear opinions they don't agree with they just go away.

If you've noticed via social media and politics, and now even car enthusiast discussion boards, having challenging or opposing conversations about things isn't really a thing most people can do anymore. We have grown to hate everyone we have even the simplest disagreements with. Can't count the times I've had people threaten to fight or kill me just for wearing the opposing team jersey to a game.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Yet another "post & ghost"? Sheesh... what is with these people? Makes me not want to help anyone with a post count under 10.
To be fair, what do you expect? Someone posted a question about their kid's car being totalled. The kid doesn't care about this forum or they'd've been a member. The parent doesn't care, except for the one question, or they'd've been a member. By now, either the car has been assessed and totaled or not. We're useless to them. This was always going to be a minimal-post situation.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is no way we can really give an accurate answer. How many miles?

Based on just your picture, I would say probably not totaled. That looks to be slightly more damage than when I hit a deer in my 392 and that was $7k in damage.

A very general idea might be I the $10k range.

At minimum will need front fascia, headlamp, fender, probably hood repair, a million plastic pieces, and then if anything was bent in such as the radiator or anything suspension related. Are those HID or Halogen housing for the headlamp? The HID housing alone with bulb is $1,000.00.
It actually came up to 12k of damage! 🥶

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To be fair, what do you expect? Someone posted a question about their kid's car being totalled. The kid doesn't care about this forum or they'd've been a member. The parent doesn't care, except for the one question, or they'd've been a member. By now, either the car has been assessed and totaled or not. We're useless to them. This was always going to be a minimal-post situation.
It wasn’t totaled 12k to fix. Thinking about having it traded in. Paying off the negative equity and having my son get a Scat!😭

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DING DING DING we might have a winner here... the first "Is my car totaled?" poster where the car probably isn't totaled!

Because it is a 2021 and presumable low miles... and used prices are so crazy this one probably gets repaired.... see if you can get diminished value payment on this one though if you policy allows.
Thanks for that. I’ll have a diminished value claim filed. Wonder how much he’ll get from it. Had 15k miles and damage was 12k to fix including labor

1 - 20 of 39 Posts