Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home today on the interstate from work and figured I would flip threw the menus since I haven't done a lot of it since I got the car and I came to the MPG Fuel Saver menu and saw this.

It stayed pretty consistent driving down the interstate and when I exited to a country road to head on home it dropped some through a few of the slow zones, but then went back up. I drive during non-peak hours so traffic is minimal and lights are usually green or flashing yellow when I do hit the few that are on my way to work/home.

So for the most part my drive is pretty consistent, smooth and non-stop. Surely my precious Charger wouldn't lie to me??

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It accurate, I can usually get 29 mpg on the highway with cruise set at 60 on flat level road.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
getting the beast moving uses a lot of fuel

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting the beast moving uses a lot of fuel
Maybe I can hire some midgets to pop out of the trunk and give me a push start at lights to help boost my MPGs. However, that means I need to cut some extra weight from somewhere.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My MPG display looks different from that, it just gives me my average MPG's. I do however get around 22 driving to and from work, but on the freeway @ 70 I typically see 28 or so.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i can only dream of 24 miles much less 30. not here in calis stop n go highway

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
My sixer only gets 20mpg..... I need to pull my foot up from the floor. haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My MPG display looks different from that, it just gives me my average MPG's. I do however get around 22 driving to and from work, but on the freeway @ 70 I typically see 28 or so.
I have 2 displays one with MDS(Fuel Saver) and average. Since I have never turned off MDS they are both the same.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
im lucky to get 13 also.....heavy foot....love to hear those flowmasters sing...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have 2 displays one with MDS(Fuel Saver) and average. Since I have never turned off MDS they are both the same.
how do u "turn on mds?" i thought it was automatically turned on. cuz i have an 09 r/t n i dont have that display.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
13.7 mpg for city and around 22 highway. But I did get over 25mpg once driving to my parent's house. I was doing under 65 mph all the way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
how do u "turn on mds?" i thought it was automatically turned on. cuz i have an 09 r/t n i dont have that display.
When in park there is an option to enable/disable MDS. If enabled it will automatically come on when you cruise at a constant speed or slowly accelerate to increase your cruise speed. I plan on posting pictures soon of the menu options and the hidden menu options because I have some questions on some of those.

I'm averaging 16 city / 23 highway (avg speed 75mph)

Which doesn't bother me the least bit. :)
I drive a wide range from 25 MPH to 75 MPH daily between interstate and city streets. I was just happily surprised to see that kind of MPG out of such a nice roomy full size car with this kind of power.:banana:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Apparently for the HemiV8 being able to get up to 30mpg show that the technology is in fact getting better and that V8s might possibly stay with us instead of going the way of he dinosaurs.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
the only real way to tell is to fill up a tank and measure your trip meter to gallons on your next fill.

ive seen my car get 28 on the average meter but the true numbers were 26. since then the best ive got on the freeway on 1500 mile road trips is 22.3-24. i dont drive on highways except in traffic on the way to school so i get less then 18 on average.

·
Registered
441 Posts
When in park there is an option to enable/disable MDS. If enabled it will automatically come on when you cruise at a constant speed or slowly accelerate to increase your cruise speed. I plan on posting pictures soon of the menu options and the hidden menu options because I have some questions on some of those.

That'll be awesome. I appreciate ur reply and future replies. I guess I should read manual for more than fluid caps

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I've gotten 35 highway before at 55 mph without my rims on.. but mine's a 3.5

1 - 20 of 23 Posts