Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2015 charger with 63k miles (101k km's)

The battery has gone out multiple times in the past few months.

I've required 5 battery boosts in the past few months, most recently, yesterday and today.

The car would suddenly fail to start. When I try to start the engine, the dashboard and the uconnect light up properly but it fails to start.

Each time, I would need a tow truck guy with a booster pack to come out and boost it.

Whats wrong with my car? Whats the most cost-effective way of going about this? (I've just purchased a $55 booster pack on Amazon for now)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2015 charger with 63k miles (101k km's)

The battery has gone out multiple times in the past few months.

I've required 5 battery boosts in the past few months, most recently, yesterday and today.

The car would suddenly fail to start. When I try to start the engine, the dashboard and the uconnect light up properly but it fails to start.

Each time, I would need a tow truck guy with a booster pack to come out and boost it.

Whats wrong with my car? Whats the most cost-effective way of going about this? (I've just purchased a $55 booster pack on Amazon for now)
Have you had your battery load tested? I would say if it’s the original battery it’s probably time to get a new one.

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just had the CAA guy come out. He tested my battery and said it was in need of replacement. My alternator is fine though.

He said it needed a 49c battery. And it would cost $220 Canadian dollars to do it.

Can I do it for cheaper myself? Is it hard?

Or should I just stick with them and their 3 year comprehensive warranty?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Replacing the battery isn't hard. It's in the trunk. $220CDN doesn't strike me as being THAT expensive. That's about what I'd expect to pay for a quality battery for my scatpack here in the US....about USD160-170.

Best,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just had the CAA guy come out. He tested my battery and said it was in need of replacement. My alternator is fine though.

He said it needed a 49c battery. And it would cost $220 Canadian dollars to do it.
Personally, I'd shop around. This is an excellent time to upgrade to the H8 Pursuit battery, which you should be able to find for a bit less than $220 CAD. All you need to fit the H8 is the Pursuit battery hold-down clamp. You can pick one up at any boneyard, or on that big auction website. If you like, you can modify your old clamp to fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I'd shop around. This is an excellent time to upgrade to the H8 Pursuit battery, which you should be able to find for a bit less than $220 CAD. All you need to fit the H8 is the Pursuit battery hold-down clamp. You can pick one up at any boneyard, or on that big auction website. If you like, you can modify your old clamp to fit.
Apologize for sounding like a child, but what are the benefits of an H8 Pursuit battery?

Thanks for all the help guys! really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bigger, more powerful battery. When you're shopping, compare the stock H7 to the H8, specs vs price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only thing the battery does is start the car. If it runs fine after a jump, it's the battery. I've had good luck with Walmart batteries. Definitely don't go to an auto parts store, they are rip offs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts