Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the most hp gain from a cai for a 3.5l charger to be 11.something hp. This was a K&N intake. Any feedback on the K&N cai for charger 3.5???

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have the K&N CAI. And it's a good CAI. But they all do the same I would go by looks what even one u thank looks best

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes when I ordered mine it came with a dyno sheet saying 11 more Hp.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you get 11hp out of a CAI I'll blow you. Not a chance on Earth.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
In a perfect lab setting, measuring the HP at the crank I my opinion I think they may have seen 11HP gains, but I don't think it was on a V6 cause I've seen that same chart when looking for a CAI for my car. And on top of that they say up to11 HP so they don't expect you to get 11 HP in the real world!
Just my opinion, I may be wrong.:banana:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
As stated above. All CAI's do pretty much the same thing. It comes down to what you want, trust and can afford. I have a K&N on my RT but its mainly because I got a great deal on it. It all comes down to what you prefer. They come in all different types. Some are fender mounted, some are engine bay mounted. Some with heat shields, some without. I have found the CAI that is fender mounted to be a PITA when you want to change a filter. But again it depends what you want for looks mostly.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Dont believe those mfg claims....you will be lucky to gain 1 hp in the real world..............if I went by the mfg hp gains for each of the mods on my car I would be putting out 700rwhp instead of 460rwhp...
:iagree:

Manufacturers like to exaggerate what's realistic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
you can prolly get it with a cai on a dyno...... but right after that close the hood and see what happens...lol

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
its not going to hurt performance...ur not going to get much of any hp gains till u tune. once u add "bolt ons" then give her a tune, then u will will see gains. bbk TB, corsa cat back, K&N CAI, gave me some gains. i put down 338 rwtq even though i hit the speed limiter well before max rpm... which computes roughly to 423 crank tq which is almost 30 ft lbs over the rated tq specs... i know once i can tune, alot of potential is ava to unlock in the 2nd gens....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts