·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yes.
airaide is the best
+50 horsepower.

also in teh same category of horsepower boosters:
dont forget to get a fake blowoff valve, thats like 40 hp
then get an SRT bade for your hood and grille.
stick on w/ tape Hood scoop
combined like 35 hp.

(no. the TBS are worthless. dont waste your money.
and
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
yes.
airaide is the best
+50 horsepower.

also in teh same category of horsepower boosters:
dont forget to get a fake blowoff valve, thats like 40 hp
then get an SRT bade for your hood and grille.
stick on w/ tape Hood scoop
combined like 35 hp.

(no. the TBS are worthless. dont waste your money.
and
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION)
LOL :grin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a question as far as simplicity of installing a throttle body spacer. I am fairly knowledgeable about cars but a deathly afraid of ****ing up my new car.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If I thought a throttle body spacer would even give me 1 hp, I would have bought one already.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah, the theory behind them is that they create a vortex and spin the air in a way that's supposed to be beneficial to increased combustion. Realistically any amount of air turbulence they create would be undone as soon as it got in the intake thus rendering said $200 throttle body spacer useless. Honestly that picture is the most accurate description of what it really does that there is.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Only diff is a whistle sound If i knew about this forum wouldnt have wasted my 50 bucks on it

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Yeah, the theory behind them is that they create a vortex and spin the air in a way that's supposed to be beneficial to increased combustion. Realistically any amount of air turbulence they create would be undone as soon as it got in the intake thus rendering said $200 throttle body spacer useless. Honestly that picture is the most accurate description of what it really does that there is.
You can actually pick one up for about $100. What you said is pretty much true. There is many people who buy them and then take them off a few days later. When you have a car with out many performance parts available, it is tempting to buy something for only $100 with the claims they make about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts