Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Dealer told me synthetic oil voids warranty in 2006 Charger Daytona. Doesn't seem right to me. Dealer also said to not use synthetic fiber oil filter. Any of you heard of this?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Never heard that it voids the warranty. Sounds like BS to me. I use synthetic amsoil 5w20. And once I used Mobil1. Both work just fine. I say you should go kick your dealer square in the nuts!

:cool:

·
Registered
494 Posts
They cant void your warranty because you use synthetic oil. Synthetic oils are far better then regular oil. However, I do believe that anyone who changes their oil when they are supposed to will have no problems. 3000 miles for regular oil and 5000 miles for synthetic. I have been using Mobil1 synth. and I'm about to switch to Royal Purple. I want to see if there is a difference since Royal Purple cost a little more.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Awesome 'vett forum. (not trying to highjack the thread)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Charger SRTs come with synthetic oil (Mobil 1) and recommend it for all oil changes. It says so right on the oil cap.
What's good for the SRT is good for the Daytona. I suggest using the step in front kick to the groinal region of the dealer that tells you any different. be sure to impact with the ball joint of your toes!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have an '06 and I use royal purple.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Also, I would change dealers. Doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just had my 2006 Hemi serviced by the dealer, and asked for an oil change with synthetic. Mopar apparently makes a synthetic oil, and that is what got used. I think your dealer is .... misinformed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My dealer uses Mobil 1

I just had my 2006 Hemi serviced by the dealer, and asked for an oil change with synthetic. Mopar apparently makes a synthetic oil, and that is what got used. I think your dealer is .... misinformed.
I agree, I have 06 Charger w/ the Hemi, and my dealer uses Mobil 1, they use it for all the Hemi's upon request.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Your dealer is a morin if he said that.
Chaeck the manual, it specifically says synthetic is ok as long as the weight is in the applicable range

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I'm guessing (and really, really hoping) that your dealer was confused. They can certainly make a case that extending your oil change interval beyond what's in the maintenance guide BECAUSE you're running synthetic can void your warranty. Extended oil life is one of the most common reasons to go synthetic. In your case, to keep your warranty you should still change your oil as often as Dodge requires you to change regular dino oil.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
LEAVE THAT DEALER IMMEDIATELY. My dealer uses synthetic upon request (Mobil 1).

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
LEAVE THAT DEALER IMMEDIATELY. My dealer uses synthetic upon request (Mobil 1).
+100

A comment like that from a dealer is a definite clue that they probably shouldn't be allowed to touch your vehicle and might be better suited for the food services industry or waste management field.

Best,

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi all,

Dealer told me synthetic oil voids warranty in 2006 Charger Daytona. Doesn't seem right to me. Dealer also said to not use synthetic fiber oil filter. Any of you heard of this?
:lol: That's a good one.

Do like I did when when a salesman told me there is no such thing as a red Daytona, tell him to go get someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Hi all,

Your dealer's a wanka and isn't fit to make coffee.

Jeez, they come out with some carp sometimes! :smoke:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Synthetic is much better to use than conventional. I still change at regular intervals though, but I use AmsOil in pretty much everything I own cars, dirtbikes, motorcycles, lawnmower, weedwaker, you get the picture.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You'd think most dealers would jump at the chance to put synthetic oil in your car. My dealer charges $12.50/Qt. for Mobil One.

·
Registered
34 Posts
O7 here. Using Amsoil 5w-30 with no problems.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Your dealer must be high on crack. When I got my first oil change the first thing they asked me is if I wanted to switch to synthetic oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most car salesmen are not car guys and know very little about the vehicles they sell.

They are hired because they are skilled in the technique of closing the sale.

A salesman told me in 2005 that Dodge did not and never would make the SRT-10 in a Quad Cab; I gave him the url for E-Bay Motors where at least 20 were currently offered for sale. I actually ended up buying one from him though because he was very efficient and couteous.

Car guys like you will always know way more about your vehicle than a salesman, you are wasting your breath even asking them a technical question.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts