Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now dont shun me for this, but is it just me or is the Magnum the only car made named after a Motor, im alluding to the 440 Magnum. correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the only car ever named after a motor, lets get this out of the way, the Nissan Z series doesnt count because there is a "Z" in the name, and the 350Z isnt exactally named the VQ35 now is it, it is named the Z33 in Japan, but Nissan whole marketing scheme with the numbers i know means the motor size, 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 240SX, 180SX, 300ZX, and 350Z, i think thats all of them. but still, they dont cound, cause the motors are as car as i can tell you. the 350Z is VQ35, 300ZX is VQ30, 240SX, first and second gen used SR20 and SR20DET, how does that work, ok maybe on wrong on the 240, but anyways, anyone want to tackle this?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hmmm you could be right..

i'm drawing a lot of blanks right now cause i just took my sleeping pill... the only thing i can think of is the cadillac 16, named for its v-16 that put out 1000 hp and 1000 ft lbs. it was amazing to look at, but it doesnt really count cause it was a prototype... cant think of any cars right now

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone of you are wondering...

I used to be a Nissan Fan, a few years back when i was all heart throbbed over the 2000 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II R34, ya, i could tell u mroe about the Z series like how it was revived in 98 and 99 in Japan and they gave it the now dont quote me on this i cant remember if it either RB25DET, RB25DETT, RB26DET, or RB26DETT, i do know the RB26DETT was the GTR Motor, the GT Motor was the RB26DET i believe and the GTS was the RB25DET and the GTS-T was the RB25DETT, and i dont know where the Skyline 25GT fits in, which is the Infiniti G35 currentally.

i know im straying off topic, but i had to give some info, anyways, i cant think of any other car besides the Magnum named after a Motor, lets see, Ford 500, no, Olds 442, no, no BMW's, well, i dont know if this counts but if i remember correctally i know Pontiac had Ram Air induction, did Dodge also do the same thing at one point, Ram Air intake or something, so techinally if thats true, couldnt the Ram Trucks and Vans be named after an Intake? im speculating here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts