Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a rule on here that you must refer to your vehicles as your RIDE? :happy:

I guess I'm having trouble getting used to the new lingo after driving the same car for 15 years (Accord) before getting my new ride.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Depends on who you are speaking to. :) With such a wide demo as we have here, there are bound to be linguistic differences. No rules, use what you are comfortable with.
Anybody gives you a hard time, send me a PM (thats a private message:)).

Personally, I still cant figure out this whole "whip" thing, I despise terms without knowing solid derivations, like "Hoosier".

But thats just me. I do prefer whole sentences and basic paragraph structure:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here's a link for you GLH, <LINK> it should hep you with the word hoosier.

as for whips, I have nothin.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, talk about your TMI (thats 'too much information'). :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Heck, Beez, I knew all that, my first wife was one. :) My point was this

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the etymology of the name is unknown, but it has been in use since at least 1826. According to Bill Bryson, there are many suggestions for the derivation of the word "Hoosier," but none is universally accepted.
I just bothers my sense of completion. :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
It's a car.

Or maybe wheels, but a mullet is required (or, in leiu of a mullet, a cheap beer in hand, like PBR).

It's never a ride. A ride is a lowered '76 Impala on hydraulics with 30" rims made of 24K gold.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
epoch said:
It's a car.

Or maybe wheels, but a mullet is required (or, in leiu of a mullet, a cheap beer in hand, like PBR).

It's never a ride. A ride is a lowered '76 Impala on hydraulics with 30" rims made of 24K gold.
LMFAO!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
So how about a 350Z with chome acents on the wheel arches anf the "BG PMPN" plate? Is that a "ride"?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Whip is a car that makes your head whip around to follow it. Same as guys on a beach during spring break with co-eds around. There is a second definition for those who race that has become popular. To racers it is a car that whips right by you.

Hoosier I have heard many origins of since I spent the first 27+years of my life in Indiana. Ranging from the amount of unwed mothers, particularly in the south part of the state, forcing people to ask "who is your daddy" shortened to "hoosier daddy" to people asking "who is there" while answering the door being shortened to "hoosier". Accents played into both of these. These are two of the many many suggested origins of this phrase.

·
Registered
705 Posts
"Bucket" is my personal favorite.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
GLHS837 said:
So how about a 350Z with chome acents on the wheel arches anf the "BG PMPN" plate? Is that a "ride"?
No, that's "rice".

No offense to any ricers.

My last statement was a lie.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I will never speak any "lingo" that was used in either of the Fast/Frustrated movies.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
NeedHP said:
I will never speak any "lingo" that was used in either of the Fast/Frustrated movies.

Just for that, you owe me a 10 second car :happy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I still want to know why they had to destroy the car with a semi at the end of the movie. It was the first time I cried at a flick in a long time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Just for that, you owe me a 10 second car :happy:
Dang you for making me remember that. Oh, what a waste of 90 minutes of my life. I could have been sleeping or poking myself in the face with pins.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Never bothered watching it.

Likewise, I never saw Mariah Carey's movie.

I feel about the same about missing both of them.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
But if you cant get to the track and there is no racing on tv. and you dont have your own hotrod. It is as close to getting To smell burnt rubber and NOS AND HIGH OCTANE GAS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts